Where were you when the new millennium started?

Hospital, holding up the lass I was seeing at the time, after some scumbag had spiked her drink earlier in the night.

99 to 00 a house party in ashbrooke, previously left one house party on Stockton road armed with booze, after the host was that monged he was trying to feed people frozen chips.

Are you saying that 99 to 00 wasn't the millennium new year, but it was in fact 00 to 01???
Yup!

Following a revelation on another thread :eek: - where were you when the new millennium started in 2001?

I honestly have no idea where I was or what I was up to, but I know I was at a house party as 1999 turned into 2000. :lol:

Belfast on patrol, waiting for the world to break down.

Following a revelation on another thread :eek: - where were you when the new millennium started in 2001?
I honestly have no idea where I was or what I was up to, but I know I was at a house party as 1999 turned into 2000. :lol:
So this thread is about an argument over when the 2nd millennium really started, despite the numbering system being completely and utterly made up in the first place? :lol:

People were celebrating going into the next, so just after midnight 1999 was the turn of the millennium. So that was "the millennium new year". The next new year was simply the first new year of the new millennium.

So this thread is about an argument over when the 2nd millennium really started, despite the numbering system being completely and utterly made up in the first place? :lol:

Best just leave it. People on here still can't grasp that if someone scores a goal with the clock showing 06.38 that they have scored in the 7th minute :lol:

I presume this is a piss take!? :lol: if anything it started when we hit 1999. It certainly didn't start in 2001 ffs.

(once you hit 1999 you are into the 2000 year, in the same way when a player scores on 06.40 he has scored in the 7th minute).

Edit: just read it. Seems people are confusing the term millennium rather than the actual years. So as a terminolgy, yes, it was 2001.

Last edited:
My daughter was 2 so we stayed at home. We sat by her bed while she slept as the Millenium came in watching the fireworks through her window. We then went and made my son who was born in September 2000.

Happy days. Young and full of hope for the future.

Lying in bed with my missus and two year old daughter next to us in her cot talking about how We would spend the rest of our lives together and we made love at the stroke of midnight and it was at that moment I knew that we would be together forever, and I was the big strong paratrooper who’s daughter would grow up to be so so proud of, maybe do little talks in her school about army life.
She left me 14 month later for a surveyor and we have not spoke since.

At least you got buck out of it.

Not as many as her by the sounds mind...

I was onstage at Thorney Close Club, doing the whole countdown thing with Auld Lang Syne etc. Cracking night with good people.

Edit : Ah, I misread.

The following year I was doing pretty much the same thing, but at Thomas Wilson Club.

Last edited:
I presume this is a piss take!? :lol: if anything it started when we hit 1999. It certainly didn't start in 2001 ffs.

(once you hit 1999 you are into the 2000 year, in the same way when a player scores on 06.40 he has scored in the 7th minute).

Edit: just read it. Seems people are confusing the term millennium rather than the actual years. So as a terminolgy, yes, it was 2001.
The thread was started as I'd been reliably (and correctly) informed that the year 2000 was in the 20th century.
I was busy doubting Tanni Grey Thompson's 20th century achievements at the time, completely ignoring everything in the 2000 Olympics.

Bonkers, and completely mind blowing.

Logon or register to see this image

Back