Where was your first holiday and how old were you ?

Other parts of the UK don't count.

I was roughly 6 month old. Went to America to visit my nana who lived in New Jersey at the time. During the winter circa 1989.

Mods will probly take this down cos it's me..I have no idea why nout wrong with it

Yours ?

Last edited:

33 while visiting my girlfriend in Northern Ireland we took a drive over the border to the Republic Of Ireland and stayed in Bundoran for a few days. For a "proper" holiday abroad I would have been 34 and had gone to Turkey with my girlfriend (it was where I proposed to her)

Holidays in the UK were butlins ones.
First holiday abroad South of France, driving and staying in a static caravan.
3 days to drive there, 3 days to get back, 9 days in a camp site. I absolutely loved it.

These days if the Mrs (no) suggested a 3 day drive to the south of France to stay in a caravan I'd tell her to get stuffed.

Went to Beziers, South of France, grape picking age 21.We got the sack after half a day's work because one of the lads dumped his bucket of grapes on the owners son's head.

Driving round France towing a caravan, must have only been around 6 or 7 as my Granda was with us and he died when I was around 10 so must have been the late 70's, had 2 other holidays with him after France, both of them on the Siesta coach trips to Salou, as a kid they were great, but it must have drove my parents and Granda mental being stuck on a bus for a day and a half.....

Last edited:
Calella (sp?) in Spain when I was about 10.
tbh, it was really shit, but I enjoyed the pool, the Pole Position arcade and the swings - so wasn't all bad. I think my folks bloody hated it though, they never did another beach/pool holiday ever again

Back