Where was your first holiday and how old were you ?

:cool:

Same year as me, I went around the first week of Sept iirc, can you remember which month you went? I remember the TIME bar very well and the cool guy that was hiring out motorbikes.
Summer iirc. I fell off a moped.
And a worldy asked me if the lass I was with was my missus or if I’d met her there as she fancied me, I went on about it all holiday and spoilt it :lol:
I remember the place we stayed was called captains studios. Big high rise hotels now along that main road.

Summer iirc. I fell off a moped.
And a worldy asked me if the lass I was with was my missus or if I’d met her there as she fancied me, I went on about it all holiday and spoilt it :lol:
I remember the place we stayed was called captains studios. Big high rise hotels now along that main road.
I was on the main road in an insect filled flooded villa. I hit some oil on the road on the moped but managed to control the bike, I really enjoyed racing the 125's.

First abroad holiday was Majorca with the then girlfriend in 1994 when I was 21.
People smoked tabs on planes.

worked out the other day my youngest son 15, has been abroad 25 times, including America, and Caribbean islands

Last edited:
Lost a good mate in a bike accident. Ritchie stoddart from south hylton. Great lad. @Jon Dough might of knew him.
I knew Ritchie very very well, grew up with him, his brother craig is one of the few I kept in touch with when I left, chatted to him just over a week ago, I was shocked when he passed away,I was out of the country but my sister went up for his funeral.

I knew Ritchie very very well, grew up with him, his brother craig is one of the few I kept in touch with when I left, chatted to him just over a week ago, I was shocked when he passed away,I was out of the country but my sister went up for his funeral.
I’ve not seen craig since my mams 60th which is 5 year today believe it or not, my mam and Fiona’s mam were very good friends. Mad as crabs them stoddarts. I thought you would know them like, small world.

Gibraltar when I was 6 months old....then I think France during the world cup 1982, I was 9....so spent most of that playing footy being Paul Marriner....

Back