Where was your first holiday and how old were you ?

2, Tenerife.

Don't remember it but it must have been shit as I kept trying to kill myself by diving into the pool without armbands.

:lol:

Spain when I was a year old. I walked my first steps there. Then I toddled over to the swimming pool and jumped in without any water wings on so my Dad had to jump in and drag me out.

2 weeks in seaton carew in the middle of january when i was about 10 and going to go back next month as ive heard it will be warmer with the sunlit uplands the BP are going to bring 🐵:lol:🐵:lol:

8 years old Costa Del sol with my parents that I can remember I did go to places in the uk before as a nipper but can’t remember them
16 years old with my mates in las americas 1991 , total utter carnage I think we had every drug dealer popping in and out of our apartment , 10 of us went and never came back the same again

Flew to Dublin aged 8 in 1966.

Celebrity status upon return as not one pupil or teacher had ever flown in the entire primary school.

Yep - 1966.

When I was two (in 1967) my folks took us to Marrakech in a converted WW2 bomber. We always had wacky holidays when I was a kid, at a time when people from Seaham didn't do that sort of thing. That fez came out at every fancy dress party for years to come.

23. Did a train journey to Milan to watch a 1990 WC game, via France, Belgium, Netherlands, Jormany and Switzerland on a 1 year passport. Took two days to get there! Came back via Genoa, Nice, Lyon, Paris and Le Havre. Took a mere 30 hours.

Only spent 1 night in Milan. Shite game, West Germany v Colombia.

Great experience though. Took in six countries on my first foreign trip. Remember I was a bit worried about starving before I went cos I was a fussy eater. Bought a railway timetable book before I went which was utterly useless for correct times.

First foreign holiday was a fortnight in Majorca aged ten. Got a week off school as well, cost of holiday was slashed, apparently. Seems questions are asked these days if you take kids out of school for a holiday. World's fucked.

Back