Where to watch X game in Y (look at me)

To be honest, go to a bar with a load of TVs. Have a word with them. They generally will try to accommodate everyone.
I was in a bar previously over there and they were showing an Ipswich match (there were also premier league games on) just because one lad had requested it. We weren't playing that day, I sat with the Ipswich lad and watched that game with a pint.

To be honest, go to a bar with a load of TVs. Have a word with them. They generally will try to accommodate everyone.
I was in a bar previously over there and they were showing an Ipswich match (there were also premier league games on) just because one lad had requested it. We weren't playing that day, I sat with the Ipswich lad and watched that game with a pint.
They can't show it if it's not on though, however accommodating they might be. There are no dodgy boxes in the centre where the lads will be.
Yeh mate seems to be the case. Local is the Robins.
A mates bar, Manolito. He's best mates with a very good mate of mine. You must be staying in the Maya?

Last edited:
I can’t understand vacationing in a beautiful locale and wanting to sit at a bar and watch tv. Mind boggling. If that’s what the op wishes though then I hope he gets sorted.
"Vacationing" Americans obviously don't get the soccer thing - unlike a lot of us on here (the majority?) who like to watch the lads match, while abroad. It's surprising that someone on this board considers it "mind boggling" that SAFC fans want to watch the match.

It’s not a difficult question like. Watched our match vs Swansea in Tenerife with about 10 other Sunderland fans which makes it a lot better.

Sounds like you’re a little frustrated in life to jump on this when you’re only criticising mate. Maybe just chill out a bit

It’s a canny deviation like but thanks for the tip :)
It's always worth asking. Where are you in Gran Canaria?
Wtf do people keep asking this question. If you really want to watch it then you can buy the f***ing thing on safsee.

It's 3 pm on a Saturday it's kicking off the same time as loads of premier League games as well as every other league game. Why the fuck would a certain pub show our game v Plymouth instead of premier League games man
Some lads fan may have a bar there. Lots of bars have a specific club theme. I've watched the lads in a bar where the bar only had two of us in.

Last edited:
"Vacationing" Americans obviously don't get the soccer thing - unlike a lot of us on here (the majority?) who like to watch the lads match, while abroad. It's surprising that someone on this board considers it "mind boggling" that SAFC fans want to watch the match.
I personally don’t go on vacation to do what I can do at home. Otherwise there’s no point in leaving the house.
I will say that at some point soon I’ll be on vacation and watching the Lads.

I personally don’t go on vacation to do what I can do at home. Otherwise there’s no point in leaving the house.
I will say that at some point soon I’ll be on vacation and watching the Lads.
Depends what you're doing and how long you're there for tbh. I've done the all inclusive type beach/ pool holiday thing for a week in Mallorca and been very happy to find somewhere to watch the match for a couple of hours. It's not really long out of a holiday like that. If you're not away for long and have a really packed list of once in a lifetime things to do then I'd agree that it's not really worth seeking out a bar, but lots of people are away somewhere having a drink anyway, makes sense to catch the game if you can

Wtf do people keep asking this question. If you really want to watch it then you can buy the f***ing thing on safsee.

It's 3 pm on a Saturday it's kicking off the same time as loads of premier League games as well as every other league game. Why the fuck would a certain pub show our game v Plymouth instead of premier League games man
Thank you - these are some of the most tedious threads on here - if you’re abroad buy a f***ing pass.

💯 agree with everything you’ve said. 👏🏻

I can’t understand vacationing in a beautiful locale and wanting to sit at a bar and watch tv. Mind boggling. If that’s what the op wishes though then I hope he gets sorted.
Well the surprising thing and this may shock you so be prepared. Football fans enjoy watching football matches. Also, this may also surprise you, the nice sunshine with a cold beer, while the football is on can add to the overall experience. I can’t quite understand it myself either. 🤷😅

Feel sorry for me as i'm resigned to watching the updates on Flashscore as our cruise ship will not dock into Bermuda until tomorrow morning ☀️ 🚢

Back