Where is the most remote location in Sunderland?

As someone said the Fara school cross country run goes around that but its the perimiter (at least it was when i was there many moons ago)..It went from the footy pitch past foxy island down to the stream then along the stream up the side of gilley law/ lakeside and back up the line to the footy pitches , if you camped in the middle there is a big bowl shaped field and trees so no one would find you there, its behind the three tall trees next to the stream, sure there was a nickname for them trees .
Also on the way to Burden from Doxy there are forests but i went for a walk around there a few months ago to get my fitness up after having covid and judging by the cans /bottles /old fires even a set of camping chairs set out and left for the next visit, a load of younguns must get up there over the weekend.
When I was a kid what you call foxy island was a mini forest with a big tree growing at the edge of a small hill. We had a permanent rope hanging from its thickest branch and could swing out over the hill and back again.
I once stupidly swung hanging by my feet after letting go of the rope my back smashed into the hill hitting the trees exposed roots. I still shudder when I think about it now.
I'll have to have a walk over there some time. I only live at East herra and use the old railway line up to the A19 for running. I'll change my route and see if it looks any different.

As someone said the Fara school cross country run goes around that but its the perimiter (at least it was when i was there many moons ago)..It went from the footy pitch past foxy island down to the stream then along the stream up the side of gilley law/ lakeside and back up the line to the footy pitches , if you camped in the middle there is a big bowl shaped field and trees so no one would find you there, its behind the three tall trees next to the stream, sure there was a nickname for them trees .
Also on the way to Burden from Doxy there are forests but i went for a walk around there a few months ago to get my fitness up after having covid and judging by the cans /bottles /old fires even a set of camping chairs set out and left for the next visit, a load of younguns must get up there over the weekend.

The route may go around the perimeter. But those who couldn’t be arsed would always divert and take refuge in the area you’re describing :lol:

When I was a kid what you call foxy island was a mini forest with a big tree growing at the edge of a small hill. We had a permanent rope hanging from its thickest branch and could swing out over the hill and back again.
I once stupidly swung hanging by my feet after letting go of the rope my back smashed into the hill hitting the trees exposed roots. I still shudder when I think about it now.
I'll have to have a walk over there some time. I only live at East herra and use the old railway line up to the A19 for running. I'll change my route and see if it looks any different.
Used to be a rope swing down in the woods on the corner of bonemill Lane and biddick Lane over a really steep ravine into the stream below. Went from 0 ft to 50ft A lad died swinging on it and falling about 2 hours after if been playing silly buggers on it.

We used to go along the road from the cavalier there was a tree with a branch over half the road , lobbed a bit rope over the branch and a thick branch at the bottom of the rope to sit on ...we used to wait for cars then swing out over the top of them, how no one wasn't killed i'll never know.

Scotch corner is impressive for that ,and great local facilities
If i was on the run it would one of the various sections near The A19 ,no mans land in between intersections etc ,theres access and paths but loads of areas no one goes and good tree cover
But you have just publicised it now!!! If I get the crimestoppers word that you are "on the lam" i will be dobbing you in for the reward!!!!

What is op game plan?
Would not be prudent to reveal all on here just yet :lol:
I am now going to search for these vids :lol:
There was a lad who lived in that really busy roundabout just next to the city centre, where substance is on the corner, or whatever that bar is called now.
I'm guessing you found a suitable spot?

Shit :lol:

Edit: for absolute clarity there is nothing illegal being planned here.

Last edited:

Back