Where is the most remote location in Sunderland?

I'm not necessarily meaning the furthest from any houses/paths necessarily, maybe factor in hard to get to.

Let's say, for example, you wanted to camp somewhere where nobody would come across you. Where would you suggest?
@Sneech d garden you can pitch your tent under the piano in the garden

Has the OP buried the body yet?

Theres a proper campsite at Sharpley now if you fancy camping close to home.
I considered buying one of those a couple of years back until I realised where all the new builds will be

I grew up round there and it was right in the middle of the countryside. Its just sprawl now. The Waitemans owned all that land but have gradually sold it off for housing.

Last edited:
There's a few lads live in the trees up the footpath running between Doxy International and oak tree farm/David Lloyd gym. Sometimes bump into them whilst walking me dog early on in a morning. Had a quick look round their camp once they'd gone on their daily whatevery and they've got a tent sheet up and a fire going and that. Don't seem to be causing much bother so have just left them be but if owt starts going missing I know where to call in first.

I always thought that was just a teenagers' drinking haunt. I've never seen anyone loitering there although it would be later in the day.

There's actually a path which is even less frequented; just off the A19/A690 roundabout, there's a gap in the hedge (maybe even a gate). Follow it up between Doxy & the A19. I did find something in there once that looked like the house of Eeyore off Winnie the Pooh. Never been back up though as it's a dead end.
Old Burdon is even more remote/ old. And subsequently much more quaint.

There are some brilliant houses up there.

Last edited:

Back