When your Football Club means something.

It’s bloody hard when your Club is dying before your eyes.

Only knows what to do next. We really only have 2 choices, go or give up.
Do you continue to renew a season ticket when you know the owners are taking the Club out of the FL?
You’ve always gone and to turn your back is unthinkable, it’s more about the 90 mins.

What a wonderful choice to have.
Last night another all time low, the majority of our fans shrug the shoulders and accept it.

Time to engage the mind in all things other than football.
What a mess and it’s going to get worse. If not this season, next we could well become the next casualty that finds itself in the National League.

We have an owner that wants an unrealistic amount for the Club, we no longer have any idea as to who owns what. No investment just sleepwalking to Non League status.

Nothing will change unless a new owner with none of the last 10 year baggage comes in.
Is that too much to ask?

The Club has real potential but potential alone means nothing.
A complete shambles top to bottom and we are in real trouble.
Was sat next to your former CB, Colin Prophett at the Chezzy game on Tuesday

Was sat next to your former CB, Colin Prophett at the Chezzy game on Tuesday

Good old Proph.
“When Proph goes up to lift the FA Cup - we’ll be there.”
Proper football mate...Happy to be part of your history...bloody hell Ramsbottom in goal, forgot about him!
Think you beat us at Hillsborough that season as well mate

Relegation season, we just about escaped.
Loved my football back then. Can see it, smell it even now.

Last edited:
Elm park...There used to be a pub called the spread eagle around there, one only a few I can remember getting in in those days..
The Spread is still going strong. Not going to claim I'm a regular but went for a nostalgic pint there at the end of last season. I'm from outside Reading and if I'm brutally honest don't really like the Town itself.

Good old Proph.
“When Proph goes up to lift the FA Cup - we’ll be there.”

Relegation season, we just about escaped.
Loved my football back then. Can see it, smell it even now.
This is why you should go. As someone wise earlier on said, it’s also about the couple of hours before and after a match - a shared experience. The match - and we’ve all seen some shit football - many seasons worth, irrespective of the team you follow (in the main) is the trap we’re all stuck in. Might as well enjoy it together!

Keep the faith.

The Spread is still going strong. Not going to claim I'm a regular but went for a nostalgic pint there at the end of last season. I'm from outside Reading and if I'm brutally honest don't really like the Town itself.

Used to regularly drink in Reading, good times in Caversham.
Met a lovely lass in TGI’s and dated her for a while 👍
The place needed a good facelift from the 80’s and it did. Was a decent night out after a home game.

Business as usual.
First half absolute shocking, second we gave it a go.

Just turn off the lights and start 6 leagues down the pyramid.
If it meant getting rid of the scum that we have attracted over the last 10 years then just be done with it.
Would at least give hope because right now I have nothing left.

Back