When your Football Club means something.

It’s bloody hard when your Club is dying before your eyes.

Only knows what to do next. We really only have 2 choices, go or give up.
Do you continue to renew a season ticket when you know the owners are taking the Club out of the FL?
You’ve always gone and to turn your back is unthinkable, it’s more about the 90 mins.

What a wonderful choice to have.
Last night another all time low, the majority of our fans shrug the shoulders and accept it.

Time to engage the mind in all things other than football.
What a mess and it’s going to get worse. If not this season, next we could well become the next casualty that finds itself in the National League.

We have an owner that wants an unrealistic amount for the Club, we no longer have any idea as to who owns what. No investment just sleepwalking to Non League status.

Nothing will change unless a new owner with none of the last 10 year baggage comes in.
Is that too much to ask?

The Club has real potential but potential alone means nothing.
A complete shambles top to bottom and we are in real trouble.

Do you continue to renew a season ticket when you know the owners are taking the Club out of the FL?
You’ve always gone and to turn your back is unthinkable, it’s more about the 90 mins.

Last night another all time low, the majority of our fans shrug the shoulders and accept it.

What a mess and it’s going to get worse. If not this season, next we could well become the next casualty that finds itself in the National League.

We have an owner that wants an unrealistic amount for the Club, we no longer have any idea as to who owns what. No investment just sleepwalking to Non League status.

Nothing will change unless a new owner with none of the last 10 year baggage comes in.
Is that too much to ask?

I feel your pain Swindon!

At times like these I always consider why I go. During the really bleak times (setting record low points records, League 1 etc) the social aspect always seems to be the only reason to carry on. A few gallows humour laughs with fellow sufferers and clinging on to the hope that it simply must get better eventually.

For your sake I hope Swindon turn a corner soon marra.

Go mad or stop caring.

That’s my advice. I read a blog a couple of years ago and that stuck with me, it summed it all up for me. Maybe, it’s easier for me to “stop caring” because I’m not local and don’t work with fans or see things like social media posts, local TV and papers but I definitely care less these days.

Football is a day out and the actual football is actually quite a small part of the day in terms of time, so I definitely don’t get as bothered about it anymore. The social aspect of it far outweighs the actual football.

Wasn't that long ago I remember Hoddle and Fjortoff playing for swindon... on wait. Yes it was. Shit I'm old...

At least you can look at Reading FC and be happy that your shit is less shit than theirs.

He’s a Swindon fan

Thanks Mate. Thanks for reminding me 😀
Always thought you were alright.
I feel your pain Swindon!

At times like these I always consider why I go. During the really bleak times (setting record low points records, League 1 etc) the social aspect always seems to be the only reason to carry on. A few gallows humour laughs with fellow sufferers and clinging on to the hope that it simply must get better eventually.

For your sake I hope Swindon turn a corner soon marra.

Last night almost broke me.
Going again Saturday, when do you say enough is enough.
I am not exaggerating either, watching that last night was real tough.

Clueless, hopeless, just flat and on a pitch that has been allowed to deteriorate.
Like the f’ing titanic and some bastard has said, “here Mate, stand here yer twat and play the violin.”

Last edited:
To be fair Swindon’s support (numbers wise) is tremendous. It’s incredible how yous seem to lurch from one crisis to another and certainly deserve a break. Could be worse though, could be a solvent mid table premier league club with a zero hours tyrant as owner.

Go mad or stop caring.

That’s my advice. I read a blog a couple of years ago and that stuck with me, it summed it all up for me. Maybe, it’s easier for me to “stop caring” because I’m not local and don’t work with fans or see things like social media posts, local TV and papers but I definitely care less these days.

Football is a day out and the actual football is actually quite a small part of the day in terms of time, so I definitely don’t get as bothered about it anymore. The social aspect of it far outweighs the actual football.

120 mile round trip to home games, travel up and down the Country with no hope, it’s gone, we are sliding backwards. No over emotional words, it’s before our very eyes.
Nobody appears to give a shit either, just happy clapping until the next time.

Only action last night a steward arguing with a lad in a wheelchair ffs, then pushing and shoving with another fan. Both get chucked out, watching the wheelchair going up the side of the pitch with a salute the only thing that raised a smile.
Wasn't that long ago I remember Hoddle and Fjortoff playing for swindon... on wait. Yes it was. Shit I'm old...

At least you can look at Reading FC and be happy that your shit is less shit than theirs.

We are just a lap behind them in a lower league.
To be fair Swindon’s support (numbers wise) is tremendous. It’s incredible how yous seem to lurch from one crisis to another and certainly deserve a break. Could be worse though, could be a solvent mid table premier league club with a zero hours tyrant as owner.

Lowest crowd last night down to 6,000 the first time for years.
It will continue to fall, less revenue will mean a lower budget and likely unpaid bills.

This lot need to stop being daft with unrealistic selling values.
Just fk off before we lose our League status.

Last edited:
120 mile round trip to home games, travel up and down the Country with no hope, it’s gone, we are sliding backwards. No over emotional words, it’s before our very eyes.
Nobody appears to give a shit either, just happy clapping until the next time.

Only action last night a steward arguing with a lad in a wheelchair ffs, then pushing and shoving with another fan. Both get chucked out, watching the wheelchair going up the side of the pitch with a salute the only thing that raised a smile.

We are just a lap behind them in a lower league.

Lowest crowd last night down to 6,000 the first time for years.
It will continue to fall, less revenue will mean a lower budget and likely unpaid bills.

This lot need to stop being daft with unrealistic selling values.
Just fk off before we lose our League status.
Accrington on a Tuesday night to be fair. Chin up Swindon marra and keep on keeping on.

Is that too much to ask?

We should merge clubs and be ran like shite together, we shall be known as Swinderland!

Is that too much to ask?

Sadly your club is in your blood and you cant change that. If you could, come to us. Welcomed with open hearts. Great poster.

But, out of the frying pan into the fire.

Back