When your Football Club means something.

It’s bloody hard when your Club is dying before your eyes.

Only knows what to do next. We really only have 2 choices, go or give up.
Do you continue to renew a season ticket when you know the owners are taking the Club out of the FL?
You’ve always gone and to turn your back is unthinkable, it’s more about the 90 mins.

What a wonderful choice to have.
Last night another all time low, the majority of our fans shrug the shoulders and accept it.

Time to engage the mind in all things other than football.
What a mess and it’s going to get worse. If not this season, next we could well become the next casualty that finds itself in the National League.

We have an owner that wants an unrealistic amount for the Club, we no longer have any idea as to who owns what. No investment just sleepwalking to Non League status.

Nothing will change unless a new owner with none of the last 10 year baggage comes in.
Is that too much to ask?

The Club has real potential but potential alone means nothing.
A complete shambles top to bottom and we are in real trouble.
I know this is all about you and your team

BUT.

We got 19 points one season.

We then topped that by getting 15 points.

We got relegated out of the top flight into the championship and then straight down further to League 1.

We sack managers like people change socks.

We gave one of our premier seating locations to our biggest rivals for an FA CUP game and then let them drink for free and lose the game.

We have not had a striker for years.

The food is never hot in the ground and the bogs are packed at half time and full of smokers.

But we are all going to renew because one day, one day every little thing is gonna be alright.

Don’t worry about a thing.

Good luck mate.

Lou Macari as manager!

Cracking days.
Sadly your club is in your blood and you cant change that. If you could, come to us. Welcomed with open hearts. Great poster.

But, out of the frying pan into the fire.

Sadly you are spot on, you simply can’t change it.
I am hurting though, maybe an age thing as well.
This is the worst it has been 😟
I know this is all about you and your team

BUT.

We got 19 points one season.

We then topped that by getting 15 points.

We got relegated out of the top flight into the championship and then straight down further to League 1.

We sack managers like people change socks.

We gave one of our premier seating locations to our biggest rivals for an FA CUP game and then let them drink for free and lose the game.

We have not had a striker for years.

The food is never hot in the ground and the bogs are packed at half time and full of smokers.

But we are all going to renew because one day, one day every little thing is gonna be alright.

Don’t worry about a thing.

Good luck mate.

Is that all 😂😂⚽️ Seriously very concerned where this is heading, not just League position but behind the scenes it’s not good.

Walsall away in a few weeks a few of us going by train and meeting up in Birmingham.
Only going for the piss up now. Always a laugh.
The Oxon Reds meet up with the Stroud Reds, piss take all afternoon.
They are Wizard hat wearing, long white bearded Vegan bastards.

All goes to shite at 3pm, by that time we will be past caring.
@Big Jeff if it wasn’t for the lads you know I think I would chuck it in and just go fishing.

Last edited:
Thanks Mate. Thanks for reminding me 😀
Always thought you were alright.

Last night almost broke me.
Going again Saturday, when do you say enough is enough.
I am not exaggerating either, watching that last night was real tough.

Clueless, hopeless, just flat and on a pitch that has been allowed to deteriorate.
Like the f’ing titanic and some bastard has said, “here Mate, stand here yer twat and play the violin.”
Treat it like theatre mate, its the only way, you don't know what the ending is, could be happy, could be sad, could be "Meh"
No matter which league Swindon end up in, the only theatre you will be going to is...Swindon, you're not gonna change, so waddya do?
Its simply acceptance, for a football fan.
We got stuffed by Millwall earlier this year, back in the pub, me mate was going mental
"Thats it ffs!!, had enough of this, its like being hit over the head every fooking week!!"

slight pause

"What time Tuesday night?

I pissed meself

We ALL do it Swindon mate, accept it, cos as sure as eggs is eggs you have it for the rest of your days my friend, I do, most of the lads and lasses here do
Cos we support OUR club
Its fast disappearing with "Tourist" fans, who's allegiance is simply a yearning for reflected glory , no sense of history, saudi money, and a bent system
When I wasa teenager, probably around the time youused to come up here and I used to go to your place, an old bloke used to stand in front of us under the old electric scoreboard at Hillsborough, as we cheered the lads come outta tunnel, he used to mutter
"Here they f***ing caper"
I always thought he was a miserable old codger...he wasn't...He had accepted what Wednesday were...I'm him now to a certain extent

Accept it

He's on about Swindon
I thought he was "taking the mickey" ... I'll get my coat!

Do you continue to renew a season ticket when you know the owners are taking the Club out of the FL?
You’ve always gone and to turn your back is unthinkable, it’s more about the 90 mins.

Last night another all time low, the majority of our fans shrug the shoulders and accept it.

What a mess and it’s going to get worse. If not this season, next we could well become the next casualty that finds itself in the National League.

We have an owner that wants an unrealistic amount for the Club, we no longer have any idea as to who owns what. No investment just sleepwalking to Non League status.

Nothing will change unless a new owner with none of the last 10 year baggage comes in.
Is that too much to ask?

Such a sad state of affairs and for a supporter who is so devoted and loyal to the cause as yourself to be questioning whether to continue to watch your beloved team is really sobering as an outsider looking in. You often describe the decline of Swindon as almost akin to witnessing the long and lingering demise of a loved one which underlines the deep and emotional attachment you have to your club.

I understand your predicament but as I've said before that while owners are temporary custodians of our great institutions, the supporters are the constant, in bad times and good and through thin and thinner. I have always said that I would continue to maintain my season ticket whilst I was physically able to go and had the financial resources to do so, whatever league we were in and however badly we were playing or being run. I support the team not the regime and will always continue to.

I have a lot of time for Swindon, your fans who I met at Wembley in 1990 and on many subsequent visits to the County Ground and for you as a poster. I hope that salvation is around the corner and that brighter times are ahead. It's the least you deserve.

Last edited:
Treat it like theatre mate, its the only way, you don't know what the ending is, could be happy, could be sad, could be "Meh"
No matter which league Swindon end up in, the only theatre you will be going to is...Swindon, you're not gonna change, so waddya do?
Its simply acceptance, for a football fan.
We got stuffed by Millwall earlier this year, back in the pub, me mate was going mental
"Thats it ffs!!, had enough of this, its like being hit over the head every fooking week!!"

slight pause

"What time Tuesday night?

I pissed meself

We ALL do it Swindon mate, accept it, cos as sure as eggs is eggs you have it for the rest of your days my friend, I do, most of the lads and lasses here do
Cos we support OUR club
Its fast disappearing with "Tourist" fans, who's allegiance is simply a yearning for reflected glory , no sense of history, saudi money, and a bent system
When I wasa teenager, probably around the time youused to come up here and I used to go to your place, an old bloke used to stand in front of us under the old electric scoreboard at Hillsborough, as we cheered the lads come outta tunnel, he used to mutter
"Here they f***ing caper"
I always thought he was a miserable old codger...he wasn't...He had accepted what Wednesday were...I'm him now to a certain extent

Accept it

Top Man.
A Mate of mine reminded me of something so similar at Stockport a few weeks back in the Pub. He was telling the rest of the lads when I went off on one, “no more, no more.”
Next minute evidently I’m planning a train time to an away game. It’s like a bastard drug that you can’t get off.
Just need these bastards to go.
I thought he was "taking the mickey" ... I'll get my coat!

Such a sad state of affairs and for a supporter who is so devoted and loyal to the cause as yourself to be questioning whether to continue to watch your beloved team is really sobering as an outsider looking in. You often describe the decline of Swindon as almost akin to witnessing the long and lingering demise of a loved one which underlines the deep and emotional attachment you have to your club.

I understand your predicament but as I've said before that while owners are temporary custodians of our great institutions, the supporters are the constant, in bad times and good and through thin and thinner. I have always said that I would continue to maintain my season ticket whilst I was physically able to go and had the financial resources to do so, whatever league we were in and however badly we were playing or being run. I support the team not the regime and will always continue to.

I have a lot of time for Swindon, your fans who I met at Wembley in 1990 and on many subsequent visits to the County Ground and for you as a poster. I hope that salvation is around the corner and that brighter times are ahead. It's the least you deserve.

Always appreciated Mate.
Like standing at the bloody life support machine, last night I just wanted to turn it off.
Walked back to my car on my own, every fan in the same mindset.
One positive 8 more games to go, need a temporary break from it all. The rumours are just as bad, new interested parties and all that.
We just might have to go “bang” to rid the Club of these Chancers, no idea to where we would settle though, that is kind of worrying.
Never been to Ebbsfleet.

Last edited:
Always appreciated Mate.
Like standing at the bloody life support machine, last night I just wanted to turn it off.
Walked back to my car on my own, every fan in the same mindset.
One positive 8 more games to go, need a temporary break from it all. The rumours are just as bad, new interested parties and all that.
We just might have to go “bang” to rid the Club of these Chancers, no idea to where we would settle though, that is kind of worrying.
Never been to Ebbsfleet.
I feel similar and am rapidly losing interest in the season given the poor run of form we are on and May cannot come quickly enough as looking at our fixtures it's hard to plot where the next point comes from. However, I'll be there on Saturday cheering the lads on against QPR, hoping that we can somehow stop the rot. I know that you'll be doing likewise when Donny come to town, it's who we are and what we do for our eternal sins.

I have never been to Ebbsfleet either but have visited the likes of Aldershot, Chesterfield, Oldham, Southend and York watching Sunderland in the football league who all now find themselves playing at National League level.

I don't for one minute think you will join them but I would expect Swindon would still be On Tour even if the worst happened.

You can't stop supporting your team Swindon.

I would still love and support the owls if they were non league, just like you would with Swindon and you know it.

Being shite makes the good times much much sweeter.

Is that too much to ask?

Got to just keep going and hope for better.
We went through a horrible spell in the 80s with a chairman who made sure he was OK while taking the heart out of the club.
Then along came Steve Gibson.

Capitalism is going to be the ruin of most old clubs as we've known them

But the club is the fans and the people and that's really all I care about. The buisness might not sucseed or even last but a football club as a community centre is an easy thing to keep going

Got to just keep going and hope for better.
We went through a horrible spell in the 80s with a chairman who made sure he was OK while taking the heart out of the club.
Then along came Steve Gibson.

Decent run Club Boro.
Robin Friday. But not really a day I wanna talk about footie after today's news. Hope things don't get as bad for your lot.

What a player, read the book.
Originally lived near Didcot thus the “Bermuda Triangle” Reading, Oxford or Swindon was the choice.
My GrandDad’s preferred Club was Reading, Uncle Pox and I went West to Swindon.
Ironically watched a game at both Reading and Oxford with the above before going with a school Mate to Swindon. Never looked back.
Loved Elm Park by the way, my Brother watched them for a few seasons then he was blown away at an FA Cup game at Swindon and never looked back since.

Keep you head up Mate, rivalry aside I really hope you pull through.

Last edited:
Decent run Club Boro.

What a player, read the book.
Originally lived near Didcot thus the “Bermuda Triangle” Reading, Oxford or Swindon was the choice.
My GrandDad’s preferred Club was Reading, Uncle Pox and I went West to Swindon.
Ironically watched a game at both Reading and Oxford with the above before going with a school Mate to Swindon. Never looked back.
Loved Elm Park by the way, my Brother watched them for a few seasons then he was blown away at an FA Cup game at Swindon and never looked back since.

Keep you head up Mate, rivalry aside I really hope you pull through.
honest mate...I look at where you are, where we are, where Sunderland and 'Boro are....Then I look at such as Fulhams prices cheapest matchday ticket in that new stand £75!!...I look at the crap Man utd have come out with about rescinding season tickets if fans miss a couple or 3 games.
I look at me local rivals getting hammered by 6 and eight goals, I should enjoy that shouldn't I?...I don't.
I look at Man City fans, I used to admire them, proper stuck by their club, now they seem just as arrogant as the rest of the "elite"
Newcastle fans jumping through hoops although they have been taken over by a regime thats abhorrent to me, and most..and heres us...me you the mackems, striving to join the bloody circus.
Remember that game you mentioned when you stood with Owls fans at your place, or the time I went to yours..that mate was football, this, now, is nowt but a bloody tourist market...follow yer club my friend, all else is simply bllx

honest mate...I look at where you are, where we are, where Sunderland and 'Boro are....Then I look at such as Fulhams prices cheapest matchday ticket in that new stand £75!!...I look at the crap Man utd have come out with about rescinding season tickets if fans miss a couple or 3 games.
I look at me local rivals getting hammered by 6 and eight goals, I should enjoy that shouldn't I?...I don't.
I look at Man City fans, I used to admire them, proper stuck by their club, now they seem just as arrogant as the rest of the "elite"
Newcastle fans jumping through hoops although they have been taken over by a regime thats abhorrent to me, and most..and heres us...me you the mackems, striving to join the bloody circus.
Remember that game you mentioned when you stood with Owls fans at your place, or the time I went to yours..that mate was football, this, now, is nowt but a bloody tourist market...follow yer club my friend, all else is simply bllx

Logon or register to see this image

A special moment in my Life. You never forget your first Mate.
⚽

Proudly mounted and framed ❤️

Back