When will we appoint?

A cuts you out of getting managers who are available in the summer or unable to leave before then

True, although how many managers are in a contract that runs out in the summer. It's probably less then 0.1% of all of the managers out there. Most will be locked down for longer contract, or are already out of work. Seems quite unlikely doesn't it.

So either we've agreed terms with someone (why not announce it already? If there's a reason we can't, I can't think of it), or we're still searching for someone?

The only obvious candidate is Will Still isn't it. With his payout being far less in the summer.

True, although how many managers are in a contract that runs out in the summer. It's probably less then 0.1% of all of the managers out there. Most will be locked down for longer contract, or are already out of work. Seems quite unlikely doesn't it.

So either we've agreed terms with someone (why not announce it already? If there's a reason we can't, I can't think of it), or we're still searching for someone?

The only obvious candidate is Will Still isn't it. With his payout being far less in the summer.
Because it might derail his current club’s season? It may be in his contract to not publicly agree something while still at his current club. Plenty reasons I’m sure

E plus.

They'll still be flapping about in September after candidate 1 knocks them back on the eve of the season.

It'll end up as F anyway by Christmas after said manager is peddled for being shite and we are somewhere around 15th-21st.

Rinse and repeat for 2025 anarl.

Club will tell everyone how dare you kick off, we've spent a few bob on the stadium, given you a PA system that works and safe standing.

Last edited:
Because it might derail his current club’s season? It may be in his contract to not publicly agree something while still at his current club. Plenty reasons I’m sure
Sure, but if it's not Will Still (he's one manager out of literally thousands we could be after) then why are we waiting to announce them? Which goes back to my original point.

Sure, but if it's not Will Still (he's one manager out of literally thousands we could be after) then why are we waiting to announce them? Which goes back to my original point.
Which I’ve answered. Because the manager might have an agreement not to publicly sign for another team while the season is ongoing.

In the Lee Carsley thread, the FAI have said they can’t announce a new manager until a certain time due to contractual issues

The manager might be out of contract in the summer. There are loads of reasons why a a manger might not be announced now during the season. Think of it from them or their current club’s position.

I can just see them wheeling out the "not a lot of movement in the market due to the Euros" line when we are sitting there at the start of August with no new manager or players.
Sound like speakman all ower that.
E plus.

They'll still be flapping about in September after candidate 1 knocks them back on the eve of the season.

It'll end up as F anyway by Christmas after said manager is peddled for being shite and we are somewhere around 15th-21st.

Rinse and repeat for 2025 anarl.

Club will tell everyone how dare you kick off, we've spent a few bob on the stadium, given you a PA system that works and safe standing.
Exactly this all over.

Last edited:
Given transfers involve identifying targets months - even a year - in advance and starting conversations months in advance I assume KS is currently taking responsibility for identifying summer signings?

Sound like speakman all ower that.

Exactly this all over.
Yep.

I forgot to add; after the club come out saying all the clarke/neil/ballard money has been spent on the SOL improvements.

We are in this division for the remainder of this decade at least. The only way we won't be is if we end up back in League One, which is fair likely at some point I'd say if behaviour doesn't change.

Back