When will we appoint?

When do think we'll appoint a head coach realistically?

A] Before the end of the season?
B] As soon as the season's finished, before June 1st.
C] After the Euros before pre-season
D] Well into pre-season
E] Still pissing about in August
F] Never - stick with Dodds the dud.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're still scrambling about at the back end of July waiting for movement in the market.

When do think we'll appoint a head coach realistically?

A] Before the end of the season?
B] As soon as the season's finished, before June 1st.
C] After the Euros before pre-season
D] Well into pre-season
E] Still pissing about in August
F] Never - stick with Dodds the dud.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're still scrambling about at the back end of July waiting for movement in the market.
B or C are the most desirable options.

It'll be E or F though.

I would like to think… whenever the right man becomes available. I am guessing by putting Dodds in charge until the end of the season, they already have the candidate in mind and that is when he is available.

After Dodds was made assistant head coach when Beale came in, I thought he was nailed on to be the next full time head coach.
Fortunately Beale came and went within a blink of the eye and Dodds had had a less than impressive start. It now won’t be him.

C

Anything from D-F is unacceptable, and I think A is pointless (unless we’re facing relegation).

Think B is too early, unless we have a verbal agreement with someone.

This is SAFC so nothing would surprise me but B is my real hope.

Ideally they identify the man they want and unlike previous appointments this bloke is actually in work at present.

They come to an agreement with his current club to pay whatever is required to release him from his contract at the end of this season allowing him to take over at SAFC in late May.

Last edited:
It should be B but I wouldn't be surprised if they're unveiled the same day as the new kits go on sale, a couple of weeks after the season starts.

Back