When will we appoint?

Yep.

I forgot to add; after the club come out saying all the clarke/neil/ballard money has been spent on the SOL improvements.

We are in this division for the remainder of this decade at least. The only way we won't be is if we end up back in League One, which is fair likely at some point I'd say if behaviour doesn't change.
Agreed.

IF the Head Coach has an input into recruitment then it has to be A. If it's not then Speakman has fecked up again if you are to believe him when he says we plan in advance of the window opening.

When do think we'll appoint a head coach realistically?

A] Before the end of the season?
B] As soon as the season's finished, before June 1st.
C] After the Euros before pre-season
D] Well into pre-season
E] Still pissing about in August
F] Never - stick with Dodds the dud.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're still scrambling about at the back end of July waiting for movement in the market.
OR
G) Owing to entering in to discusssions with a prospective buyer not appoint anyone so to to allow the possible new owner to bring in their own man once the sale is completed. (i.e Spring 2025)

New gaffer has to have a pre-season with the players. Can't afford a false start.
Totally agree but we seem over the years to never be pre prepared for pre season. It’s like the season approaching comes as a shock to us each summer. Over my lifetime it’s always been an August last minute scramble to release kits, sign players and takes us a few matches to get up to speed on the pitch. This has been the case under every owner we’ve had in that time aswell

Totally agree but we seem over the years to never be pre prepared for pre season. It’s like the season approaching comes as a shock to us each summer. Over my lifetime it’s always been an August last minute scramble to release kits, sign players and takes us a few matches to get up to speed on the pitch. This has been the case under every owner we’ve had in that time aswell

Made me laugh that :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it never ceases to frustrate me :lol:

Why we can't have our pick of the free agent ready to go for the window opening ill never know. But no doubt someone will tell me "it's the market" as per!

Past experience shows us that it's very difficult to have any faith in the decision-makers when it comes to managerial appointments.

They lucked into Alex Neil after pissing about for weeks and wanting Roy Keane, who was offered and subsequently turned down the role.

They sacked Mowbray without any real idea of what they were going to do in terms of replacement, pissed about and ended up with Michael Beale who everyone knew would be a disaster.

Mowbray certainly worked out but if we are honest, he was only appointed because he was the most dialled contact in our Head of Recruitment's phone and available at a moment's notice as opposed to it being some sort of genius.

The most reliable predictor of future performance is past performance, and it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

That said, if they get this one wrong there are a few people who are finished at this club. This is it now. They've had months to prepare and to have their man signed, sealed and delivered extremely early into the summer window. The new manager has to be in in time to take a full pre-season.

Anything less would be a failure.

Last edited:

Back