When does Speakman's position become untenable?

I agree , some one said “ can he be trusted with the summer budget “ . It could be argued he hasn’t any kind a workable budget so far. Been restricted to the bargain basement.
I agree to a certain degree, that's the point i'm trying to get across...but Speakman has totally messed up with the money he has had.

I agree , some one said “ can he be trusted with the summer budget “ . It could be argued he hasn’t any kind a workable budget so far. Been restricted to the bargain basement.
Thing is, if you are, you don’t go an waste £2m on someone like Hjelde

AND

Burstow is a loan.

It shows that either the data is bollocks or they can’t spot a footballer

Since Mowbray left I've wondered whose decision it was? Speakman or KLD? If Speakman is responsible for the hiring and firing then it must have been him?

KLD should be seriously questioning his judgement ... especially after so many sackings without replacements ...
Well this is the odd part of it all.
No matter any signs to the contrary regarding the lack of quality across the pitch.
No matter how many people see it, the media, managers, us…

KLD seems to agree the coaches are to blame every time and Speakman is Teflon.

If he had better credentials than knowing the Bellingham family I’d perhaps have more trust, but something is completely screwed.

Speakman is supposed to be the director of football but he seems to just be the new Bane.

Since Mowbray left I've wondered whose decision it was? Speakman or KLD? If Speakman is responsible for the hiring and firing then it must have been him?

KLD should be seriously questioning his judgement ... especially after so many sackings without replacements ...
KS is the Sporting Director and the only senior person with any pro football experience albeit Academy level.
Well this is the odd part of it all.
No matter any signs to the contrary regarding the lack of quality across the pitch.
No matter how many people see it, the media, managers, us…

KLD seems to agree the coaches are to blame every time and Speakman is Teflon.

If he had better credentials than knowing the Bellingham family I’d perhaps have more trust, but something is completely screwed.

Speakman is supposed to be the director of football but he seems to just be the new Bane.
This is the bit I don't get. KLD has support from very capable people on the finance and legal stuff yet KS is the one advising on the sporting side - he hasn't got the CV for that.

Last edited:
KS is the Sporting Director and the only senior person with any pro football experience albeit Academy level.

This is the bit I don't get. KLD has support from very capable people on the finance and legal stuff yet KS is the one advising on the sporting side - he hasn't got the CV for that.
Academy director is pretty standard issue as a background for a sporting director..

As long as we stay in this act league and they cash in on a player every 18 months or so he gets to prove concept and do so without putting his own cash in.
Therein lies the problem. If KS keeps identifying duds, or players who aren’t anywhere near ready, there won’t be any cash in value. I know they’re young but can you really see us making a profit worthy of the name on Rusyn, Hemir, Hjelde, Seelt, Triantis, Mayenda etc

Therein lies the problem. If KS keeps identifying duds, or players who aren’t anywhere near ready, there won’t be any cash in value. I know they’re young but can you really see us making a profit worthy of the name on Rusyn, Hemir, Hjelde, Seelt, Triantis, Mayenda etc
They'll be hoping one comes good but I'd think ballard, hume, Neil and Clarke over next 18 months will fund more buys. Muddle is one they have hopes for too. Ovlf course they think it's easy to keep us in this division, they may find that's not the case.

They'll be hoping one comes good but I'd think ballard, hume, Neil and Clarke over next 18 months will fund more buys. Muddle is one they have hopes for too. Ovlf course they think it's easy to keep us in this division, they may find that's not the case.
Agreed. We do have recent experience of this approach.

We’ve failed miserably in challenging for promotion this season. But from a sustainability point of view KLD is not going to ditch Speakman. This summer the likely sale of Clarke covers much of our spending to date. We could potentially make a profit ultimately on Hume, Cirkin, Alese, Ballard, Seelt, Ekwah, Jobe. Maybe Hibs would buy Triantis for more than we paid. It’s possible more come good in the next 12month.

Now, we need to be a successful team, so everyone is rightly pissed off at this season. But from an ownership perspective I think KS has got a lot more credit in the bank still.

Thing is, if you are, you don’t go an waste £2m on someone like Hjelde

AND

Burstow is a loan.

It shows that either the data is bollocks or they can’t spot a footballer
I don’t believe the data we signed heldje is based on him playing in the oppositions half for most of the game Our tactics are shocking
Agreed. We do have recent experience of this approach.
Humes shite his stock is falling at an alarming rate

This. ⬆️

Yes, he's brought some very good players into the club, who we'll eventually cash in on, but he's also brought in far too many duds, who've diluted the quality of the squad, and as a result, we're poorer and weaker this season.
The duds he's brought in, probably won't improve sufficiently to make any profit, should they be moved on, and in all likelihood, we'll be stuck with a large group of very ordinary players, clogging up the wage bill, yet adding nothing to the squad.
Quality, rather than quantity is what's needed here, and on that score, Speakman has failed to deliver, imho.

Academy director is pretty standard issue as a background for a sporting director..
Academy Director? You sure!
We’ve failed miserably in challenging for promotion this season. But from a sustainability point of view KLD is not going to ditch Speakman. This summer the likely sale of Clarke covers much of our spending to date. We could potentially make a profit ultimately on Hume, Cirkin, Alese, Ballard, Seelt, Ekwah, Jobe. Maybe Hibs would buy Triantis for more than we paid. It’s possible more come good in the next 12month.

Now, we need to be a successful team, so everyone is rightly pissed off at this season. But from an ownership perspective I think KS has got a lot more credit in the bank still.
How have we been doing without Ballard and Clarke at X1 level?

Last edited:
If KLD really gives a fuck then surely another few more defeats which would take us even closer to the relegation zone, he's got to be questioning his top man? Or does he wait till the end of the season and see what league we'll be in?
I’d sack him now, but he seems beyond reproach. I think him and KLD are more of a double act than boss and employee.

How long can he dine out on the fact that we got promoted while he was here (after scraping into the playoffs) and we’ve signed a few good young players identified from his academy days?

The last three transfer windows have been absolutely honking and he changes the narrative to suit himself.

Back