When does Speakman's position become untenable?

If KLD really gives a fuck then surely another few more defeats which would take us even closer to the relegation zone, he's got to be questioning his top man? Or does he wait till the end of the season and see what league we'll be in?

Last edited:

I don't think he cares at all. As long as we stay in this act league and they cash in on a player every 18 months or so he gets to prove concept and do so without putting his own cash in.
I don't think he's in this for philanthropic reasons - promotion is where the money is.
He’s to piss weak to do anything about it.
I think he has been a bit naive/lazy and made a big mistake giving so much autonomy to a man who's level is academy manager.

Last edited:
A year ago we were heading towards the play offs. The regression since then has been remarkable
Going into that window we knew simms was going back (we knew this was a possibility as in the contract we signed) we didn't get in what we needed. I think that was down to ownership and ks but he's employed to get recruitment right. It's gone downhill further since then.
I don't think he's in this for philanthropic reasons - promotion is where the money is.

I think he has been a bit naive/lazy and made a big mistake giving so much autonomy to a man who's level is academy manager.
I don't. I think he's in this to prove the player farm model works. He'll th en ditch us and bugger off abroad to another club. They've had chances to get promotion and actively prevented it. As for ks and the ownership

Last edited:
About a year ago for me but he's so entwined with this ownership I'd be surprised to see him go anywhere until they go too.

What about when we made the playoffs?

I’m not defending the current situation here but a year ago? Apart from the striker situation, both KS and the club were going great on the pitch.

What about when we made the playoffs?

I’m not defending the current situation here but a year ago? Apart from the striker situation, both KS and the club were going great on the pitch.
I've been really vocal about this and wouldn't want to risk another ban for myself or anyone else. Let's just say the bream overperformed and almost embarrassed the ownership who certainly didn't want to go up, their actions show it.

I've been really vocal about this and wouldn't want to risk another ban for myself or anyone else. Let's just say the bream overperformed and almost embarrassed the ownership who certainly didn't want to go up, their actions show it.

No worries. But just out of interest why wouldn’t they have wanted to go up?

I agree but I don’t think he has it in him to pull the plug on Speakman.
I am hoping some footballing people of substance with no personal gain to be had will be offering advice. I don't think his mother will have failed to notice and she doesn't seem the type to stand idly by.

Last edited:

Back