When do we protest?

At what point do we actually do something about these clowns in charge of our great club? Once Clarke and Ballard go in the summer we will be a lower table team with penny pinching owners. It’s make or break this summer I think and I have no faith in the ownership to address the on the pitch and off the pitch issues.
Back in the 60s 70s 80 and 90s people didn’t go when we were terrible. Gates as low as 8500 in 1971. 15000 in 1986. 14000 in 1994. Too many people go out of force of habit or they like their seat or the people they sit with or they enjoy a pint before the game. The club shouldn’t be able to take advantage of loyal supporters.

At what point do we actually do something about these clowns in charge of our great club? Once Clarke and Ballard go in the summer we will be a lower table team with penny pinching owners. It’s make or break this summer I think and I have no faith in the ownership to address the on the pitch and off the pitch issues.
Are you renewing?

If you are then you are not protesting?

A daft flag or a mass gathering will do nothing. If they sold 8000 season tickets that would force change but that will not happen and the owners know it.

The mags protesting in an embarrassing way was really effective.

It ended with them getting trillionaire owners

And paralysed any thoughts we’d have of protesting against our owners.

Makes you think…

The mags protesting in an embarrassing way was really effective.

It ended with them getting trillionaire owners

And paralysed any thoughts we’d have of protesting against our owners.

Makes you think…
Shouting at shops and asking for hot water for porridge didn't do a thing.

Saudis telling Boris to get it passed for financial reward may have.

Our owner hopefully sells up.

Shouting at shops and asking for hot water for porridge didn't do a thing.
You say that, but if the Saudis were looking for an easy takeover then the Mags having high profile “anti incumbent” campaigns and headlining lack of investment as reason for that must have helped.

I think it must have been part of the equation as to who the Saudis targeted. “Some set of fans need to sell their soul, where do we think that’s likely?”

You say that, but if the Saudis were looking for an easy takeover then the Mags having high profile “anti incumbent” campaigns and headlining lack of investment as reason for that must have helped.

I think it must have been part of the equation as to who the Saudis targeted. “Some set of fans need to sell their soul, where do we think that’s likely?”
Get what you are saying yeah.

This post - just to be clear - you're wanting or talking on protesting about things which haven't happened yet?
But if we do sell Clarke and Ballard, this is the main source of protest - getting angry about the club making millions on transfers?

Penny pinching - name 3 clubs which have spent more on transfers in the championship since we got promoted ,- (tbh I think we are the biggest spenders )

Last edited:
This post - just to be clear - you're wanting or talking on protesting about things which haven't happened yet?
But if we do sell Clarke and Ballard, this is the main source of protest - getting angry about the club making millions on transfers?

Penny pinching - name 3 clubs which have spent more on transfers in the championship since we got promoted ,- (tbh I think we are the biggest spenders )
Leeds
Southampton
Burnley
Middlebrough
Stoke
Coventry
Leicester
Watford
Hull

Couple more too but I can’t be arsed

we never protest we just put up with the conveyor belt of shite...its the sunderland way

we will never win nowt but just be happy

there'll be something else to whinge about just around the corner

peanuts five quid a bag.

Folk have been hoodwinked by talk of the model and sustainability.

3 year into a 5 year plan for promotion (apparently) and it's clear we're going backwards. Our squad is the footballing equivalent of Benjamin Button and I've seen fans today even say that the club was right not to give Clarke anymore money.

All good tho, as from next season, you'll be able to stand at the match and use your for the replays instead of trying to watch it on the broken tvs at half time.

HIGH PERFORMANCE CULTURE 😎

Leeds
Southampton
Burnley
Middlebrough
Stoke
Coventry
Leicester
Watford
Hull

Couple more too but I can’t be arsed
😱
None of these clubs have spent more on transfers (net) than us in the championship.
Theyve all made a profit.
Its what clubs do in the championship.

we never protest we just put up with the conveyor belt of shite...its the sunderland way

peanuts five quid a bag.
Make something happen then? Plenty of people moan that nothing ever happens but completely lack the ability to do something about it, I suppose it's easier to sit there and moan. We've won fuck all since 1973, is that because people never protest?

They’ve all spent more than us…a couple of others too
Net?
Don't be silly

Coventry recieved about 40 mil this season and spent less than that.
Hull got about 20 million for Lewis potter
Leicester and saints sold over 100 mil on players
Burnley and Watford sold about 75 mil of players when in the champ
Boro have sold players for about 50 mil over the last two seasons and spent nowhere near that

Stoke and Leeds are about even in transfers in the championship since we've been here.
We have easily spent more than we received over the last two seasons

peanuts five quid a bag.

Yes we do you obviously don’t recall the red card protests & sit ins at Roker park

Net?
Don't be silly

Coventry recieved about 40 mil this season and spent less than that.
Hull got about 20 million for Lewis potter
Leicester and saints sold over 100 mil on players
Burnley and Watford sold about 75 mil of players when in the champ
Boro have sold players for about 50 mil over the last two seasons and spent nowhere near that

Stoke and Leeds are about even in transfers in the championship since we've been here.
We have easily spent more than we received over the last two seasons
1. You moved the goalposts when you realised you were clearly wrong

2. You’re still wrong

1. Don't be so pedantically annoying.
2. Who then?
You’re the one being a pedant…you said nobody had spent more than us and when I pointed out that loads had spent more than us you said ‘yeah but net’

Who needs to spend more to do well in the championship…a squad newly relegated from the premier or a side newly promoted from league 1.

Your perspective is all out of whack and you’ll defend our underperformance whatever the evidence to the contrary.

Not only have we underspent, but what we have spent has been frittered away on shite in large part.

You’re the one being a pedant…you said nobody had spent more than us and when I pointed out that loads had spent more than us you said ‘yeah but net’

Who needs to spend more to do well in the championship…a squad newly relegated from the premier or a side newly promoted from league 1.

Your perspective is all out of whack and you’ll defend our underperformance whatever the evidence to the contrary.

Not only have we underspent, but what we have spent has been frittered away on shite in large part.
Ok
If you really think I was on about purely outgoings and not about the expenditure of a club as a whole I'll take your word for it!
I thought it was fairly obvious mind .

How am I defending underperformance?
Youre changing the goal posts now!

I'm not talking about how we've performed at all!
I was just replying to a post talking about our owners penny pinching and I said theyve probably spent the most on transfers since we came up - as most clubs make a profit or at least break even .

If you think spending more than probably all other clubs is still underspending , and I think a few people feel like you, that's when you have to look at yourself and think that youre probably wrong.

However frittering it away - I fully agree with that and I worry that that's what we will do with the clarke money. We've always spent largely on shite - it's why we are a mess of a club.
But that has nothing to do with my initial point that we aren't penny pinching.

Last edited:

Back