When do we protest?

There won’t be any organised protests. Other than a few red cards more than 30 years ago, we don’t have any history of protest.

Maybe if there was a viable alternative to the current ownership then that might light a spark, but I doubt it.
There are always rich people/ groups/ countries looking to buy football clubs, just we don't find out about it until they do. Viable alternatives are out there.

For me, it's make or break this summer for them, with who they bring in as manager, and which players they sell/sign. They've absolutely fucked it for themselves with being a shambles off the pitch for too long now, the whole mag debacle, failing to sign obvious needed players in three successive transfer windows, sacking Mowbray, hiring Beale, sack Beale, then write the season off. So frustrated at the moment.

We were on a high from last season, few good signings away from really challenging this year, but we've just filled the squad with youngins. And let's face it they've all been shite. Couple might come decent but they aren't good enough yet to be competing at this level. Clear as day.

Clarke 100% gone this summer, feel maybe Ballard too, bids for Hume, Neil and Patterson. How they spend these funds we receive will show us all what their true intentions are. Who we get in as manager too.
I generally agree with you but Clarke aside, I'm not sure the others would be wanted by PL clubs unless they're looking for cheap back-ups. It's possible foreign clubs may be interested but PL ? Not for me, they're not even stand outs in this league.
95% of them dodgy as fuck
I know, but this owner hasn't got the money to take us forward.

Last edited:
I generally agree with you but Clarke aside, I'm not sure the others would be wanted by PL clubs unless they're looking for cheap back-ups. It's possible foreign clubs may be interested but PL ? Not for me, they're not even stand outs in this league.

I know, but this owner hasn't got the money to take us forward.
Careful what you wish for all I can say

Love it when posters piss themselves about us signing younger “failed” players improving them and selling them on like it’s some sort of surprise.

Despite the club being quite open that that has been the plan all the way along. The same posters were loving it when these players came good, now it comes to the selling part, hell on.

Love it when posters piss themselves about us signing younger “failed” players improving them and selling them on like it’s some sort of surprise.

Despite the club being quite open that that has been the plan all the way along. The same posters were loving it when these players came good, now it comes to the selling part, hell on.
Who are we going to sell the likes of Hemir too? You know the lad who looks totally out of his depth who we signed on the back of scoring 2 goals for Benfica B team

He did drop. He was on loan at Wigan in the Championship and dropped into League One. He is on decent money. As people keep saying when hammering out owner, do you think 12 goals comes cheap?
2 goals come cheap ;)
Who are we going to sell the likes of Hemir too? You know the lad who looks totally out of his depth who we signed on the back of scoring 2 goals for Benfica B team
In 3 and a half years Time he'll be world class and off to real Madrid. Its why we signed him for FIVE years

Last edited:
You make it sound like rock bottom
I know it could be worse and has been in the recent past, but these clowns don't have the money or the nous to get promoted so we will flounder about as Championship also rans under them. That's not much to get excited about.

Don't hope for better in case we get worse ? We need hope.
Exactly this, why as a club, fans, we are way too soft now, way too many fans happy with being mediocre that’s what I see.
The stuff that’s been done to our club in the last 5 years alone, but nobody has done a bloody thing to protest.
Maybe RAWA but nowhere near enough imo.
Soft touch that’s us.

I know it could be worse and has been in the recent past, but these clowns don't have the money or the nous to get promoted so we will flounder about as Championship also rans under them. That's not much to get excited about.
Everything good we’ve done in the last few years suggests otherwise. A rethink and deep reflection required, this isn’t the time for a total overhaul. New Owner, DOF, Manager in the same summer hardly screams stability or promotion ready does it.

Everything good we’ve done in the last few years suggests otherwise. A rethink and deep reflection required, this isn’t the time for a total overhaul. New Owner, DOF, Manager in the same summer hardly screams stability or promotion ready does it.
Neither does more of the same to be honest. I'm not sure I'm in agreement that they've done anything that good really, they've undone their good start with a series of stupid decisions.

They've only improved our league position around 6 places a year, it will probably be down to 4 or 5 by the end of the season. We played some great stuff under TM, but that's now in the past. The most impressive thing is the signing of Clarke and Ballard and a couple of others that have brought value to the squad. Fair play that is a good thing, however if you're going to spend incoming transfer fees on the likes of Hjelde, that's going to be undone soon aswell.

Have I missed anything ? Every single other thing has been absolutely shite and as bad as anything we've ever witnessed.

I know there are worse people out there buying football clubs, but these lot are definitely lower end owners, so for me the odds are in our favour that the next one will be better.

Neither does more of the same to be honest. I'm not sure I'm in agreement that they've done anything that good really, they've undone their good start with a series of stupid decisions.

They've only improved our league position around 6 places a year, it will probably be down to 4 or 5 by the end of the season. We played some great stuff under TM, but that's now in the past. The most impressive thing is the signing of Clarke and Ballard and a couple of others that have brought value to the squad. Fair play that is a good thing, however if you're going to spend incoming transfer fees on the likes of Hjelde, that's going to be undone soon aswell.

Have I missed anything ? Every single other thing has been absolutely shite and as bad as anything we've ever witnessed.

I know there are worse people out there buying football clubs, but these lot are definitely lower end owners, so for me the odds are in our favour that the next one will be better.
Promotion. Top 6 in the Champ. Nah done nothing good. Deary me short memories. Three years ago we were struggling in L1 losing to Lincoln in play offs

Promotion. Top 6 in the Champ. Nah done nothing good. Deary me short memories. Three years ago we were struggling in L1 losing to Lincoln in play offs
I acknowledged last season, but we didn't get promoted and have now regressed to become a bottom half side, so in terms of league position we haven't made that much progress really, we'd probably still lose against Lincoln.

Let's agree to disagree about what they have achieved though. In a lot of ways it's not that important going forward. The real question is what can they achieve in the future ? I find hard to see anything better than mediocrity going down this path. It's going to need a decent bit improvement both on and off the pitch and that's going to cost money and better reecruitment. Do they have it in them ? There's not much evidence.

Back