When do we protest?

Make something happen then? Plenty of people moan that nothing ever happens but completely lack the ability to do something about it, I suppose it's easier to sit there and moan. We've won fuck all since 1973, is that because people never protest?
i'll put a banner up on my fence in queensland australia

at least its a start
Yes we do you obviously don’t recall the red card protests & sit ins at Roker park
a long time ago that hank and we were better ran in those days

Last edited:

We have a fan base who get won over by an announcement of new floodlights pitch and sound system probably on the back of a loan taken by an owner who likes everyone to think is a billionairre, whilst being hoodwinked into thinking his model and wage structure is the way forward. Laughable. Only protest is dont renew. After 40 odd years thats my protest. The moment this bloke and the bullshitter speakman are gone two season tickets will be renewed.

We have a fan base who get won over by an announcement of new floodlights pitch and sound system probably on the back of a loan taken by an owner who likes everyone to think is a billionairre, whilst being hoodwinked into thinking his model and wage structure is the way forward. Laughable. Only protest is dont renew. After 40 odd years thats my protest. The moment this bloke and the bullshitter speakman are gone two season tickets will be renewed.
Im thinking on the same lines. We have 3 season tickets. Ive not been since the debacle against swansea. Not going back this season. Bit torn not to renew...but im sick of the way the club is been ran, top to bottom.

Probably write an email to them to explain why not renewing. Not that i expect anyone in a position if influence will read it.

Last edited:
Im thinking on the same lines. We have 3 season tickets. Ive not been since the debacle against swansea. Not going back this season. Bit torn not to renew...but im sick of the way the club is been ran, top to bottom.

Probably write an email to them to explain why not renewing. Not that i expect anyone in a position if influence will read it.
Think ya probably wasting ya time tbh but if it makes you feel better then aye. Its a hard thing to do ditching it. Its not because we have any devine right to be decent, been through all the shite years etc and renewed without question but the BCB fiasco has finished me with these lot. Proved they dont get it. I would rather a local skint business man came in and spent nowt than a 26 year swiss french kid with an unaccessible trust fund with an ego the size of belgium.

At what point do we actually do something about these clowns in charge of our great club? Once Clarke and Ballard go in the summer we will be a lower table team with penny pinching owners. It’s make or break this summer I think and I have no faith in the ownership to address the on the pitch and off the pitch issues.
It sounds like you're feeling frustrated with the current leadership and direction of SAFC. It's understandable to feel concerned about the future of your club, especially if you perceive issues with ownership and management. Here are some potential steps you could consider taking:

1. **Community Action:** Organize with fellow fans to voice your concerns through petitions, protests, or supporter groups. Collective action can sometimes influence ownership decisions or bring attention to important issues.

2. **Engage with the Club:** Reach out to the club directly through official channels such as fan forums, social media, or supporter liaison officers. Express your concerns constructively and advocate for transparency and accountability from the ownership.

3. **Media Attention:** Write letters to local newspapers, sports journalists, or sports radio shows to raise awareness about your concerns regarding the ownership and management of the club. Media attention can sometimes put pressure on owners to address fan dissatisfaction.

4. **Explore Alternative Ownership:** Investigate potential avenues for new ownership or investment in the club. This could involve seeking out local investors, engaging with supporter-led ownership models, or attracting interest from outside investors who are committed to the club's success.

5. **Stay Informed:** Keep yourself informed about developments at the club, including any changes in ownership or management, player transfers, and financial matters. Being knowledgeable about the situation can empower you to advocate for positive change effectively.

Remember that change within a football club often takes time and persistence. By remaining engaged and proactive, you can contribute to the ongoing conversation about the future of SAFC and work towards positive outcomes for the club and its supporters.

That's what the internet says, and it's dead clever.

Same here mate,other than the covid season had SC since 1990 and got nearly 70 loyalty points but I’ve just had enough now, cancelled the direct debit and won’t renew until something drastically changes. We are a club that is going absolutely nowhere.

For me to renew the following things would need to happen……

A) Appointment of high calibre Head Coach/Manager, an appointment where you think, wow they are really trying to get promoted.

B) Speakman to be sacked and replaced by a competent DOF, someone who’s primarily motive isn’t just to stockpile young players in the hope a couple of them make it and can sell for big money. SAFC is not a development club and we shouldn’t be getting used like one.

Matchdays this season have a thoroughly grim experience and it’s more like a chore having to go and watch them rather than enjoyable.

Same here mate,other than the covid season had SC since 1990 and got nearly 70 loyalty points but I’ve just had enough now, cancelled the direct debit and won’t renew until something drastically changes. We are a club that is going absolutely nowhere.

A) Appointment of high calibre Head Coach/Manager, an appointment where you think, wow they are really trying to get promoted.

B) Speakman to be sacked and replaced by a competent DOF, someone who’s primarily motive isn’t just to stockpile young players in the hope a couple of them make it and can sell for big money. SAFC is not a development club and we shouldn’t be getting used like one.

Matchdays this season have a thoroughly grim experience and it’s more like a chore having to go and watch them rather than enjoyable.
Deliberating myself for same thing but I meet up with a few mates and there's one I meet early with I've been going with since we were 12 and he 13, text me from his hols saying its shite but just renew as we never get to meet up.

Of course I said I'll just buy tickets for non night games ( work till 7.30 so struggle to get to them), but they're close to 40 quid a pop.

Doing my head in these arseholes running it.

I always had high loyalty points and tbh that was why i renewed and to make sure i got a mags away ticket. Gave up going away about 2 year ago and we are light years from playing up there. Having said that, if roy keane came in, even with these in charge a would renew.

I can completely understand your point of view. Season tickets are a pretty hefty investment and at a time where people are more circumspect financially it’s by no means a given that people will just renew out of a sense of duty.

I’ve renewed in all honesty more because I see lads at the game I wouldn’t otherwise meet up with that often. People have busy lives and the match is where we catch up, have a drink and a laugh.

Looking back over the home games this season I’d say I’d enjoyed the actual match maybe five times out of 22 (if you include cup games). It’s a world away from last season and I appreciate progression isn’t always guaranteed but currently I just don’t get any idea the club is serious about targeting promotion anytime soon.

Think ya probably wasting ya time tbh but if it makes you feel better then aye. Its a hard thing to do ditching it. Its not because we have any devine right to be decent, been through all the shite years etc and renewed without question but the BCB fiasco has finished me with these lot. Proved they dont get it. I would rather a local skint business man came in and spent nowt than a 26 year swiss french kid with an unaccessible trust fund with an ego the size of belgium.
Yup, probably wasting my time. At least - in my mind anyway - I can pick and chose what games I go to when I want without a) giving them guaranteed income and b) allowing hem to use my season ticket to inflate match day attendances. That's another thing that turns me of - claiming 40 odd thousand attendance when clearly a chunk of season ticket holders havent turned up again. Indicates their general lack of integrity.

Back