What's to do in Sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr MacKay is logging off for a bit, talk to myself. Only way I will get decent conversation

Nothing wrong with Sunderland for a night out.

Some canny pubs. I'd recommend you have something to eat in Asiana:
http://www.asianafusion.co.uk/

Head into town and go into the bars around Green Terrace. You could start further down at Revolution, the Establishment is canny, move up further to the Lambton worm. Then you have Fitzgeralds and Paddywacks. Varsity is opposite. All are canny bars and in easy walking distance.

Newcastle is canny but there's nothing wrong with Sunderland if its on your doorstep. If anytone argues, they're just being pretentious.

You can't beat a few pints down Deptford after the match; Kings Arms, TJ Doyles, Saltgrass. Doyles and the Saltgrass do canny pub grub too.

Then get a taxi back to Roker and go for a few pints round there.

Last edited:
Did I quote you when I said it you f***ing idiot

About as bright as a black out, no wonder you fucked off to France

What an angry individual!

Let's provoke him and see what else he'll say!

I'm flying back for the derby and staying at the Roker Hotel on the Satda night with 2 adult sons and a mate ....... we'll be in the Victory club for a few pints of Scotch then down to St Peters to welcome the Newcastle fans before we walk up to the ground.

Anyway, we're from Durham and my mate, a Sunderland fan, is from Newcastle and we don't know Sunderland ........ I've been following the Lads for 40 years but have only ever drunk in Sunderland before the matches, rarely after.

What's best to do in Sunderland for a bite to eat and a few pints?

leave

tbh the roker hotel, food n drinks are ok

Nothing wrong with Sunderland for a night out.

Some canny pubs. I'd recommend you have something to eat in Asiana:
http://www.asianafusion.co.uk/

Head into town and go into the bars around Green Terrace. You could start further down at Revolution, the Establishment is canny, move up further to the Lambton worm. Then you have Fitzgeralds and Paddywacks. Varsity is opposite. All are canny bars and in easy walking distance.

Newcastle is canny but there's nothing wrong with Sunderland if its on your doorstep. If anytone argues, they're just being pretentious.

Agree with this, and if you're going to be after something to eat there's a cracking Italian restaurant round the back of The Porterfield called Luciano's. No doubt the pub and restaurant snobs will be along any minute though :-D

Thanks to all the non-mental cases on here ....... to be honest the 'plastic night out in Newcastle routine' doesn't appeal, I can get that in any big city, tourist resort, stag-nighty place in the world.

It's hardly rare is it?

What I'd like is something authentic and real.

Thanks to all the non-mental cases on here ....... to be honest the 'plastic night out in Newcastle routine' doesn't appeal, I can get that in any big city, tourist resort, stag-nighty place in the world.

It's hardly rare is it?

What I'd like is something authentic and real.

Bag of chips and a punch in the face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back