What's the most out of date food you've used

What about beers, ciders etc. I've gone up to 6 months but not sure what the rule of thumb is with these.

I found six bottles of out of date beer on my desk one Valentine's Day. Just one of my mates from five-a-side. Nowt wrong with them.

Also, at Wembo (I think the Swindow play-off final), all the beer was out of date. For a short while, you could neck half of the bottle and return it for an exchange. That was until they twigged it was all out of date. Hoffmeistetr, IIRC.

I’ve been munching on some tortilla wraps, sell by March 15th.
Didn’t look owt wrong with them tbf but I’ve just binned them.

We've got a very slowly depleting jar of dried birds eye chillies the missus got in London almost 11 year ago.

Still using them to this day. 🥵🪦☠️

The beer in a pub I used to drink in on Hayling Island was sometimes shite out of the pumps so one time the beer was so manky I started on cans of cider instead. My first can tasted terrible and when I looked at the date it was 6 months past its sell by date.
Which pub was that. Had a few sessions on Hayling.

Just had some slices of watermelon and they tasted slightly bitter. Only went out of date on the 29th and they were in the fridge

Not out of date but I ordered a Chinese the other week after getting in from a couple of pints. I hadn’t touched the hot and sour soup and left it out on the bench. Stupidly had it the next day - shrimp, pork and chicken. Daft but got away with it

Exactly this marra.....its a marketing ploy to get folk to rebuy.

I did an Indian cookery lesson a few years back. Anyway, I remember feck all about how to cook but I remember the chefs saying that the older rice was then the better got.

Almost compared it to whisky and how that matures in time. Yet people through that (and other).food stuff straight into the bin.
People throw uncooked rice in the bin?

Back