What's the most out of date food you've used

tin of soup. 4 years out of date

cauppa soup 2 years out of date but looked and smeeled funny so binned that off.

Thought i had won lotto at work as the machine bloke had put 2 mars bars in the one number. 120 later 2 mars bars both a month out of date. tasted fine but bit of pisstake

Some right snowflake answers on here.

Try bacon that is 3 weeks past its use by date. If it looks and smells ok then it’s fine. We waste far too much food because of these dates.
too right!

Bacon and sauage smell a bit funny wash under cold tap and then cook as normal. never kill me or game me the sh*ts

When I was a lad we used to buy bacon from the Co-op that was sliced off a large joint while you waited. God only knows how long it had been there. Wrapped in grease proof paper. Stored in the larder - no fridge.

Just saying. There was no food waste problem in those days.
Kebabs are similar really. Who knows how many days they are there in and out of the fridge and heated/cooled down.

Some right snowflake answers on here.

Try bacon that is 3 weeks past its use by date. If it looks and smells ok then it’s fine. We waste far too much food because of these dates.
Exactly this marra.....its a marketing ploy to get folk to rebuy.

I did an Indian cookery lesson a few years back. Anyway, I remember feck all about how to cook but I remember the chefs saying that the older rice was then the better got.

Almost compared it to whisky and how that matures in time. Yet people through that (and other).food stuff straight into the bin.

Back