What's the furthest you have walked?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope I was army, but spent some time with them and have some great memories from times on operations with you lot

May aswell double that when drunk, I reckon the 2 mile walk I used to do from shields town centre home would of been at least 4 miles, one side of the pavement to the other constantly
I wasn’t a booty mate. I was living proof gods could fly.

Catford to Hampton Court via the Thames path, because why not? 31 miles I think, 12 hours including food breaks.
I like the Thames Path, but I don't like the way some new builds (or other) go right up to the river front meaning you have to go away from the river, along the road and back again . I've only ever done Greenwich to Tower Bridge and Greenwich to the Emirates skyline thing .

I like the Thames Path, but I don't like the way some new builds (or other) go right up to the river front meaning you have to go away from the river, along the road and back again . I've only ever done Greenwich to Tower Bridge and Greenwich to the Emirates skyline thing .
Yes, they are a pain in the backside, and the signage to tell you when you can get back to the river is poor too. Some nice pubs along that stretch though. In fact I may redeem my £1.74 Fuller's birthday pints at one or two later.

I've be trying to think back to my longest walk.
It's probably about 5 or 6 miles but with stops and then 5 or 6 miles back, with stops, so not even a continuous walk.
Walked to Trimdon station from Hartlepool and back but did fanny about looking at the farmers fields and animals and stuff, plus stayed at a family members house for a short while before walking back.

I couldn't do it now, I'd start crying. ;)

Has to be walking around Rome earlier this year, half the underground stations were closed for refurbishment so i walked from near the stadio olimpico, to the Vatican, Castel Sant'Angelo, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Altar of the Fatherland, the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus and a few i've forgotten before walking back home again. My legs weren't my own the next day.

South Shields fair to Fulwell.

Gateshead stadium metro station to the Metrocentre was a canny old trek anarl.

Lyke Wake Walk...so about 40 miles

we were young and had a back up vehicle who provided us with stuff at two points where we crossed roads so we didnt have to carry a load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back