What's the best SAFC v Boro game you've been to ?

There hasn't been many over the years, But for me the 3-2 win at the end of the 2008 season is the one that sticks in the memory. Looking to be heading for a 2 2, Murphy comes off the bench in the 85th minute and gets the winner in 90 plus minutes. Great game and would be in my top ten games witnessed at the SOL.
Remember that one, superb. Seem to remember Andy Reid having a great game that day.

The one where a load of us wore hazmat suits & gas masks, can't remember the score was pissed. We were all right in the 1st row as well! After that Boro banned the wearing of such attire!!😭😭
Seem to remember the reason for the ban was that people might think there was a real disaster and panic. Rubbish! Nobody living in Middlesbrough would know the difference.

There hasn't been many over the years, But for me the 3-2 win at the end of the 2008 season is the one that sticks in the memory. Looking to be heading for a 2 2, Murphy comes off the bench in the 85th minute and gets the winner in 90 plus minutes. Great game and would be in my top ten games witnessed at the SOL.
Sorry to piss on your cheesy chips but it was given as an own goal from Emanuel Pogatetz

Same here. I’ll remember that goal forever.

Aye, and west ham and west brom after, If only we had won a couple of games earlier on that season, eh.
It took to the Cov away game for us to win, I thought that's it we're off...but we weren't, and our bit of form arrived after the Bris C home win which came too late for us to get out of it. When I think back to the earlier games when one single fluke or deflection could have got us something when we couldn't score it sickens me. Some of the chances we missed were sickening.

It took to the Cov away game for us to win, I thought that's it we're off...but we weren't, and our bit of form arrived after the Bris C home win which came too late for us to get out of it. When I think back to the earlier games when one single fluke or deflection could have got us something when we couldn't score it sickens me. Some of the chances we missed were sickening.
Aye, Bristol city Friday night game IIRC, can't remember why I missed it, the Boro game cost me a brand-new shirt, thing ripped right across the back when our first hit the net, :(

Aye, Bristol city Friday night game IIRC, can't remember why I missed it, the Boro game cost me a brand-new shirt, thing ripped right across the back when our first hit the net, :(
That Bris C win with Mel's goal on the Fri to give us a home win [at last] was great but what was ahead was the stuff of miracles. Then four goals in the same home game (!!!). I remember wondering if it was all real after what had gone on before.

Back