Whats the best live gig you've attended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's probably a few gigs I could mention but this one is currently in mind... Mogwai (supported by the excellent Arab Strap) upstairs in Newcastle Riverside (Melbourne Street) on 28 May 1997. Experiencing the explosiveness of Mogwai's early material live blew me away. The gig was 5 months before their debut album (Mogwai Young Team) was released. I became a big fan of Arab Strap and Mogwai that night but my ears have never been the same since.
I saw Mogwai in that very room even before that, they supported Kenickie :lol:

Skynyrd and Cheap Trick, Woodlands TX.

Broken Toyz, Morgans, Calgary. June just gone.

Shania Twain, Viva LasVegas.

Last edited:
My Brother attended the Pink Floyd 'Pulse' gig at London's Earl's Court in the 90's. Lucky bastard. Apparently it was pretty special.

Best one I've been to was a free gig at Clapham Common where Massive Attack were playing. Pretty shite tbh.

I saw Mogwai in that very room even before that, they supported Kenickie :lol:
I saw Kenickie in that room in Oct 96 but missed the first half of their set (and any support act). Kenickie came on much earlier than was usual for the venue when I was probably still in The Barley Mow or Egypt Cottage. Was this the night Mogwai supported them?

Been to a lot of great gigs that I've enjoyed for different reasons and honourable mentions go to Queen, Bruce Springsteen, Kate Rusby and Seth Lakeman. Even the much maligned Thunder have been hugely entertaining most times I've seen them. But I was blown away by The Divine Comedy at The Sage last year. That was probably the most entertaining and enjoyable gig I've ever been to.

Reading on the Friday 2008
RATM
QOTSA
Biffy Clyro
The Enemy
All in one day, don't think I'll better it the way the lineups are now.

Depeche Mode, been to loads of theirs, couldn't pick a favorite although Black Celebration and Music for the Masses both at Whtley Bay Ice Rink were toppa
Same here,I've seen loads of bands but noone has bettered these.Some Great Reward at City Hall was good but the last 2 In Rome would take some beating.

I saw Kenickie in that room in Oct 96 but missed the first half of their set (and any support act). Kenickie came on much earlier than was usual for the venue when I was probably still in The Barley Mow or Egypt Cottage. Was this the night Mogwai supported them?
I have no idea mate. I would have been 16 then so feels about right.

Yeahs ago I actually asked Braithwaite to check I wasn't going mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back