Whats the best live gig you've attended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Kweller at Oran Mor, Glasgow, in 2006. He'd taken a break from recording his self titled album in London and organised a last minute intimate gig in Glasgow. Just Ben, his acoustic guitar and his keyboard. The set was mainly audience requests and a couple of new songs.

Queen at Sun city
AC/DC Mayfair ncle
Whitesnake Mayfair ncle
Prodigy / Dizee rascal Wembley arena
ELO2 very professional
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Stranglers
Rod Stewart
Paul McCartney
Elton John
All great night's

enjoyed the Roses at Hampden the other month. Mainly because we knew we were watching their final ever live gig.

On a smaller scale. The DMAs at the Riverside the other weekend were excellent. Venue was perfect for them and it added to the whole thing. The Enemy have always had the place bouncing too so they'd be a contender. I know they look all git ugly and scruffy and that but they're entertaining so I'm not arsed.

Metallica playing a secret gig in the back room of the Ministry of Sound in that London.
That was a fantastic night! They played a 2 hour set consisting only of B Sides and obscure album tracks they hadn't played in years to only about 400 of us

Queen at Sun city
AC/DC Mayfair ncle
Whitesnake Mayfair ncle
Prodigy / Dizee rascal Wembley arena
ELO2 very professional
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Stranglers
Rod Stewart
Paul McCartney
Elton John
All great night's

Elton John, fuck off man. I at least hope it was pre-1976.

Metallica playing a secret gig in the back room of the Ministry of Sound in that London.
That was a fantastic night! They played a 2 hour set consisting only of B Sides and obscure album tracks they hadn't played in years to only about 400 of us
Found some footage - didn't realise anyone was filming, it was a tiny little room

QOTSA followed by RATM (acronym-heavy night) in Holland was f***ing brilliant. Stone Roses at Heaton Park was also class although I was very drunk and Ian Brown is generally woeful live, more about the general atmosphere I suppose. I suspect Pavement at Brixton Academy would've been up there if I didn't sell my ticket....still annoyed about that one!

There's probably a few gigs I could mention but this one is currently in mind... Mogwai (supported by the excellent Arab Strap) upstairs in Newcastle Riverside (Melbourne Street) on 28 May 1997. Experiencing the explosiveness of Mogwai's early material live blew me away. The gig was 5 months before their debut album (Mogwai Young Team) was released. I became a big fan of Arab Strap and Mogwai that night but my ears have never been the same since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back