What's the best lager in the world?

I know, Real Ale drinkers will be saying you are talking about a drink that should be associated with skunks or mutants. I can't drink Ale though and in my 35 years of drinking have only drank lager. I told myself a couple of years ago that drinking Fosters or Carling was just like drinking recycled pee so I only drink 'Premium' lager. My favorites are:

San Miguel - love it in a bottle or can.
Perroni - again class drink.
Becks - had this once on draught, thought I'd died and gone to heaven, had 6 pints in an hour and half (it was free). Can't remember the journey home (I wasn't driving).
Heineken - realise may not be classed as a 'Premium' but I don't mind it.
Oranjeboom - not often seen in England but a class Dutch drink.
Estrella - had a couple of pints last week, very nice.

Whatever your choice, it's defo not Carlsberg, probably the shitest lager in the world.
Oranjeboom man😂 one of the worst

Love bud light, coors light. Bought some Argos french beer from Lidl at the weekend and it was lovely. Used to love fink breu

I know, Real Ale drinkers will be saying you are talking about a drink that should be associated with skunks or mutants. I can't drink Ale though and in my 35 years of drinking have only drank lager. I told myself a couple of years ago that drinking Fosters or Carling was just like drinking recycled pee so I only drink 'Premium' lager. My favorites are:

San Miguel - love it in a bottle or can.
Perroni - again class drink.
Becks - had this once on draught, thought I'd died and gone to heaven, had 6 pints in an hour and half (it was free). Can't remember the journey home (I wasn't driving).
Heineken - realise may not be classed as a 'Premium' but I don't mind it.
Oranjeboom - not often seen in England but a class Dutch drink.
Estrella - had a couple of pints last week, very nice.

Whatever your choice, it's defo not Carlsberg, probably the shitest lager in the world.
My local shop sells oranjeboom its nice.
I LIke moretti and Stella too.
Been trying a few aldi and Lidl ones and been pretty good actually especially the pilsners.
Some were only about £2.90 for 4
Depends which version you get I think
Do they still have the cool tops that peel right off, used to drink sapporo late 80s

Last edited:
Cusqueña is the nicest relatively common but off the wall one I like to get if I see it stocked anywhere, think it's south American.

Don't drink much nowadays but I generally find anything in the moreti/peroni ballpark to be to my taste.

OT, but the worst has to be that Desperados stuff. I'd feel bad for my u bend if I poured it down the sink.
I love desperado like.
Never really think of it as a lager for some reason.

Give ower. The beer is overrated as fuck, the bundesliga isn’t the best, genocide I concede, currywurst is overrated tat that people have a circle jerk about because they were once on a stag in Berlin. It’s a cheap hotdog.

You've drank the wrong beer its quality, they've destroyed the champions League and do canny enough in international tournaments and I agree with currywurst but fuck me it's good after a session - get stirks on it

You've drank the wrong beer its quality, they've destroyed the champions League and do canny enough in international tournaments and I agree with currywurst but fuck me it's good after a session - get stirks on it

I do think they do a quality beer but I don’t think it’s the be all and end all like. Stirks do proper sausages Lamby, hot dogs are strictly verboten!

I’m over the moon M&S do Paulaner and will be getting some for the weekend. No doubt it will be dog shit compared to a pint in the cow but that’s typical.

Back