What's the best lager in the world?

Hopeyoure joking. Panic buyed 3 slabs of veltins on holiday once to minimise shopping trips. Rank n I had 72 big cans to plough through. Needed a dash of lemonade in some!
newcastle tap sell it, and it pints its lovely... i wonder if it is like some beers i've had where out of a can it tastes different to a bottle which both taste different to a barrel?

I was drinking Maxim Pils at the weekend and its a lovely drop of stuff, quite malty. You can buy and collect it direct from the brewery at Rainton Bridge on a Tuesday, Friday or Saturday morning. Just phone 0191 58408844 on those days, pay over the phone and collect your order from a table at the back of the brewery before midday. £18 for a dozen bottles. You can get 12 bottles of Double for the same price or the Swedish Blond is £24 for 12.

Logon or register to see this image

Best one for me was Sapporo in those shaped cans, lovely stuff

Worst ones
Castlemaine XXXX - The XXXX was used to hide the swear word in "What the F*** is this shite"
Holtand Pils - I can still feel the head ache now from years ago
Martens Pils - Sold to the alcoholics in the 90s
S&N old school stuff like - Harp, Norseman, Tuborg, McEwans
LCL - Tramp fuel
Red Stripe - I'm sure it separates in the can so you start drinking it and it tastes like lager flavoured water and it's like tar at the bottom.
Anything +8% like special brew, Super T, Skol super etc

Best one for me was Sapporo in those shaped cans, lovely stuff

Worst ones
Castlemaine XXXX - The XXXX was used to hide the swear word in "What the F*** is this shite"
Holtand Pils - I can still feel the head ache now from years ago
Martens Pils - Sold to the alcoholics in the 90s
S&N old school stuff like - Harp, Norseman, Tuborg, McEwans
LCL - Tramp fuel
Red Stripe - I'm sure it separates in the can so you start drinking it and it tastes like lager flavoured water and it's like tar at the bottom.
Anything +8% like special brew, Super T, Skol super etc

Nice lager. Can also doubles nicely as a murder weapon. Absolutely solid.

I tend to think most local lagers when you travel match the climate and compliment the food so my taste tends to differ depending on where I am or what I’m eating. Most premium lagers mentioned are lovely for in the house.

My advice is simple, don't stick to one type. You don't get bored with the good stuff and it makes you appreciate a nice pint more on a hot summer day.

Back