Whatever you think of QUEEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched it today at the metro, thought it was superb !
I like Queens music, but wouldn't say I'm a fan of such, but.... the film was great, he absolutely nails Freddie ! (well as close as anyone can get, cause he was a one off)
it was like a walk down memory lane, it took me back to the time the songs and events were happening in my own life
I have ALWAYS said, his performance at live aid was the single handedly the best front man appearance of ALL time ! he was unbelievable, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand, remember watching it live at 11 years old, and he just gripped me
That's got to be a Thor

I thought Brian was also excellent. I kept wanting him to properly wig out instead of playing like he was solving complex maths equations in his head.
Then you see the real footage at the end and remember that’s what he was really like.

Difficult one. I have spoken to several who have seen it and are not Queen fans and they thought it was brilliant. My daughter who has never liked my music after watching the film has now downloaded a lot of Queen songs and playing them very loudly....what have I created?!!!

Viewing it as a Queen fan they have squeezed a lot in and they have obviously used artistic license with the time line. Given the story I can just about live with it...I think the lad who played Roger's hair could have been better mind. :)

It's impossible for any other human to have hair as good as Roger

It's impossible for any other human to have hair as good as Roger
Aye :)

just watched it today at the metro, thought it was superb !
I like Queens music, but wouldn't say I'm a fan of such, but.... the film was great, he absolutely nails Freddie ! (well as close as anyone can get, cause he was a one off)
it was like a walk down memory lane, it took me back to the time the songs and events were happening in my own life
I have ALWAYS said, his performance at live aid was the single handedly the best front man appearance of ALL time ! he was unbelievable, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand, remember watching it live at 11 years old, and he just gripped me
Whatever you think of Queen on that day, against all of their peers, they blew them all away.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the film, not a massive queen fan but thought it was played out well especially the ending scene.

I thought the bloke that played Freddie would make a good Mick Jagger if they ever make a film about the stones.

Couldn’t help but think the same.
Still, really enjoyed the film. Could have gone much deeper with Freddie but perhaps wouldn’t have been as enjoyable if so.

They played, and were fuckin abysmal.
Fair enough it was in America, but it was still shite.

Not on the same stage as Queen though...might have been different had they played Wembley

Prenter was a twat like. Sold Mercury out to the papers revealing he was gay and that two of his lovers had died from Aids which started the rumours he himself had it.

In those days that could have ruined the band. Bear in mind Queen bombed in America following the I want to break free video.

i w ant tobreak free is awful mind.

Last edited:
I watched the live aid performance yesterday, class. Freddie bouncing out at the start and playing to the audience from the start is superb.

Nee wonder I thought queen were a bit chod when I saw them without him.

I haven't seen the film yet.

From what I’ve read, the producers went to great lengths to get the Live Aid stuff spot on. Watching the film, I thought it was a nice touch having the U2 flag waving front & centre.

But they also got Adidas to remake the footwear that Freddie wore and they also got Wrangler to remake that style of jeans, too. That’s f***ing commitment, that is!

From what I’ve read, the producers went to great lengths to get the Live Aid stuff spot on. Watching the film, I thought it was a nice touch having the U2 flag waving front & centre.

But they also got Adidas to remake the footwear that Freddie wore and they also got Wrangler to remake that style of jeans, too. That’s f***ing commitment, that is!
It was the Pepsi and beer glasses on the piano and the lads sitting in the gantry to the left of the stage that got me. Great attention to detail.

Saw it yesterday and expected the worst to be honest. However, I thought that it was really enjoyable. Script is cheesy in parts, but the music is great. The Live Aid ending is brilliant with unbelievable attention to detail. A solid 7.5-8/ 10.

Quality of the song wasn’t what caused them the problem. The fact they filmed the video in drag was.

Yeah the video was weird to say the least I am pretty sure the other 3 just went with it to keep Freddie happy.
Still think the song is mince mind.....compared to their earlier stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back