What will happen

Things will just continue as they are because the board don't think there's any problem. We're mid table, without having to spend big on transfers or wages. As Speakman says "We're plodding along" and that's enough for them.
As long as 40 odd thousand are.turning up and selling players for profit I don't they give a monkeys

That fraud probably started his relegation plans that day.

I still can't believe we gave him £50K a week to surrender before August was out and we kept him in charge all season :oops:
Didn’t take the easy chance of sacking him after he threatened the lady reporter anarl. That regime really were the stupidest bunch we’ve ever had to suffer under.
I’m hoping they’ll be affected when they see how many fans have chosen not to renew their season tickets at this stage.
I’m hoping they realise unless they show more ambition next season, they’ll lose their best players, and fans will desert in droves.
They WANT to lose their best players. That’s the 5year plan. That’s the model.
Agree. The idea that KLD is using us to rinse a couple of million here or there every season or so is a bit unbelievable.
There’s a lot of idiots on here. I hope they’re only kids cos it’d be frightening if they’re adults.
Agree. The idea that KLD is using us to rinse a couple of million here or there every season or so is a bit unbelievable.
There’s a lot of idiots on here. I hope they’re only kids cos it’d be frightening if they’re adults.
I think we’ll sell Clarke and maybe one other of our better players (Patterson or Ballard).

It seems likely the club are waiting for Will Still so he’ll come in as head coach.

The key thing is how they recruit on players this summer. Fail to bring in two decent forwards and at least a couple of experienced heads and it won’t matter who the coach is we’ll struggle.
aye

Last edited:
Clarke is the stand out for me, but even that is questionable.
Been good in this league, but against prm defenders i.e. The Mags, they just played him out of the game.
Ballard possibly, but wherever he goes, he will take time and hard work to make it in the Premier league.

Not a given at all that either will command big fees.

Plod on was the term Speakman used. I certainly wouldn’t recommend that as a way to run a business.

KLD only plan is to minimise losses and count every penny outgoing.
You sound like the man to run the club ,what's your business background ? Minimise losses and count every penny spent are a very good start to a decent business for ke

Don't talk such utter shit you big baby.
Another who resorts to name calling.
You sound like the man to run the club ,what's your business background ? Minimise losses and count every penny spent are a very good start to a decent business for ke
None of your business. It is a start but when it’s the only thing they concentrate on all else (I.e. footballing success) goes by the wayside.

PS - Who’s ke?

Last edited:
I think we'll:

• Appoint Heckingbottom.
  • Sell Clarke.
  • Sign Rigg as a pro.
  • Spend the Clarke money, but on 3 or 4 youngish players from lesser leagues, slightly more proven players than in the past but not what most want.
  • Sell Bass, Anderson, Matete.
  • Release Evans
  • Loan out Young, Richardson, Johnson, Hemir
  • Make Styles permanent. 😐

Some off the pitch stuff has already been announced hasn’t it? SD is gone, been replaced and some money being spend on the stadium.

On the pitch, I may be clutching at straws but during last summer I was happy to see the height issues sorted I think most were 6ft plus who came in. We had been badly done on in this area last season. I’m hopeful they address the experience issue this season and of course the striker situation.

Personally I’d like to see us go back to picking up players from PL clubs who might be frustrated at the lack of opportunity at their teams.

Another who resorts to name calling.

None of your business. It is a start but when it’s the only thing they concentrate on all else (I.e. footballing success) goes by the wayside.

PS - Who’s ke?
I thought as much . You seem to have the inside track based on what's inside your head . You should sell that football success plan you have because 95% of the clubs in the world would take it off your hands

I thought as much . You seem to have the inside track based on what's inside your head . You should sell that football success plan you have because 95% of the clubs in the world would take it off your hands
What did you think? Why would the 5% not take it?

PS Who’s ke?

We’ll buys some players and bring in a new head coach. We have a decent size squad now so I’m looking for them to step recruitment up to the next level and bring in improvements.

We’ll buys some players and bring in a new head coach. We have a decent size squad now so I’m looking for them to step recruitment up to the next level and bring in improvements.
I really do wish that I could share your optimism. While Speakman remains with the Club and has the Board's backing its a pretty clear indication that the Club is happy to continue with way things are. I think that any change of direction will be preceeded by his departure

It's their last chance for me, if that stubborn prick Speakman doesn't address the issues then why should anyone bother?Spend a bit sensible money on the players that will compliment what we have, have a go ffs!
I’ve often wondered of the transfer window is set to come after season ticket sales you know,,,just to ensure that money keeps rolling in as fans are motivated by blind faith.
I think we will sign experienced players. But that's purely hope. I'm hoping for similar to Pritchard and Evans what will then be 3 years before.

I don't think we will sign an experienced centre back as I don't think the management think we need one. I'd expect an experienced dm and cf
To be fair on reflection I don’t think CB is a priority.
Nothing will change.

The vast majority will renew and turn up and take their medicine.

More of the same next season as we settle in to be a mid table selling club.
Like any other season then.

Last edited:
I really do wish that I could share your optimism. While Speakman remains with the Club and has the Board's backing its a pretty clear indication that the Club is happy to continue with way things are. I think that any change of direction will be preceeded by his departure
I shared no optimism. Suggests your so focused on speakman going to see it.

I think we'll:

• Appoint Heckingbottom.
  • Sell Clarke.
  • Sign Rigg as a pro.
  • Spend the Clarke money, but on 3 or 4 youngish players from lesser leagues, slightly more proven players than in the past but not what most want.
  • Sell Bass, Anderson, Matete.
  • Release Evans
  • Loan out Young, Richardson, Johnson, Hemir
  • Make Styles permanent. 😐
Not far off this IMO.

I think we will sell Clarke and another (either Patto, Ballard or Neil. Probably Ballard to Everton if Branthwaite leaves)

We will get about 35M in for the pair and I think we will then spend about 20M back. Won't be enough though as it'll be spent on another 6 or 7 talented younger players.

We need to invest in experience. If Clarke goes then we need to spend at least half of that money and the Stewart fee.

A manager with some authority would be nice also!
The Stewart fee has gone mate, Mundle, Heljde, Seelt, Rusyn and the rest, they all cost money, wages, signing fee's, agent fee's. Be amazed if we make a penny on any off them

A bit vague the title but what I’m asking is simply what do fans think will change if anything in the summer. We all know what should change, but like I say what do fans think will change. I personally think nothing much at all will change on or off the pitch. I can’t see Speakman changing things by bringing in the players with experience that we need or the actual model itself that Dreyfus has clearly set out. That will result in a real struggle on the pitch next season I believe. So in my view there will be no changes of note and we will struggle big time.
Huge summer
The first summer of the club being ran sustainably in a long time with us selling players (I assume clarke will go for 20 mil plus) and now we can compete with championship clubs who regularly sell players for this amount and get in some players we need to improve the squad

Imo we will be stupid going for anyone 27+. Hopefully we will be after some who are 20-24 , and we need a strong fast striker who can hold the ball up and most importantly score, and a CDM to help out dan Neil and ekwah.

Spend a bit on the stadium and staff it better (I think this has already been said is going to happen).

But the most important thing is to get a manager in who motivates the players. At the moment teams just have to play with a bit of intensity to beat us. I don't think KS realised how important this was and thought a good coach (Beale) was all young players need. He needs to have learnt his lesson on this

Last edited:
Nothing worse than supporting a Club with no long term plans or strategy.
Our fanbase short changed season after season. Even worse when you have convicted criminals on the payroll.
Fallen out of love with it. As depressing and downbeat as it can get.

Nothing worse than supporting a Club with no long term plans or strategy.
Our fanbase short changed season after season. Even worse when you have convicted criminals on the payroll.
Fallen out of love with it. As depressing and downbeat as it can get.
We do have a plan and strategy.

But it won’t be the most effective without some adjustments imho.

A bit vague the title but what I’m asking is simply what do fans think will change if anything in the summer. We all know what should change, but like I say what do fans think will change. I personally think nothing much at all will change on or off the pitch. I can’t see Speakman changing things by bringing in the players with experience that we need or the actual model itself that Dreyfus has clearly set out. That will result in a real struggle on the pitch next season I believe. So in my view there will be no changes of note and we will struggle big time.
If the club continues on its present path and model ... The club will start to fade away and glacially implode as fans realise the true nature of our plight ,we are a puppy farm and the football does not matter to our owners...........Next season the tickets sold b per game will drop to between 35_38 thousand and the season after that it will drop again until eventually the gate reaches the baseline fanatics who would watch us in sunday league...probably around 28.000.......the biggest problem is two fold ..one we will lose the young kids and they are the supporters of the future and two the game is changing quickly and the prem is pulling up the drawbridge to the money train and if were not safely the in the keep in the near future ,I fear for our once great club and our always great fans.
I've no idea what will happen, however the owners have had a long time to plan and put their mistakes right. They've got one chance to do the right thing in the summer and it's all down to them now. Personally I don't think they've got the balls and the knowhow to do it...
Its difficult to get up for the challenge when your balls are made of fondue!Next season is going to be carnage of monster truck proportions unless see sense and adapt that fekking model to real world situations ...lets hope some part of that proposed (leaked )loan is earmarked for squad improvement!

Last edited:

Back