What will happen

Basically we need a sign a few GOOD players. Can’t keep bloating the squad with players who aren’t good enough and show nothing to say they ever will be.

The money we’ve spent on utter shite on long contracts that nobody else will want is scary.
If clubs offer enough money for players they will be sold or do you think we will turn down offers if they match our valuations?

There is a chance clubs will offer good money for Clarke, Ballard, Neil, Hume and Patto this summer, who's to say for certain we wouldn't cash in on them all if the price was right?
70 million for that lot … we will piss the sustainability league tbf.

Last edited:
That’s assuming KLD cares.

Great song

If you have a plan you need to invest into it. So why aren’t we. I’ve said previously I believe there is no plan or model and even Speakman has said we just plod on.
A set up of any kind has to have a plan and books to balance
One as big as us will have all areas scrutinised. We spend money just going week to week . Just spending more guarantees nothing and risks lots . Plod on isn't the term I'd use but we have to keeping trying to unlock a formula that builds some momentum . We can't just throw everything in the bin when we don't get the results we'd like .

We need to invest in experience. If Clarke goes then we need to spend at least half of that money and the Stewart fee.

A manager with some authority would be nice also!
Clarke is going we know that and you seriously think we will spend 15 million presuming we get about 25 for Clarke

A set up of any kind has to have a plan and books to balance
One as big as us will have all areas scrutinised. We spend money just going week to week . Just spending more guarantees nothing and risks lots . Plod on isn't the term I'd use but we have to keeping trying to unlock a formula that builds some momentum . We can't just throw everything in the bin when we don't get the results we'd like .
Plod on was the term Speakman used. I certainly wouldn’t recommend that as a way to run a business.

KLD only plan is to minimise losses and count every penny outgoing.

Majority of fans were content with progress until Tony Mowbray was sacked. The wheels have come off . Poor recruitment , and terrible decisions in relation to every aspect of running the club. Everyone knows about "the model" but other clubs are doing the same. Measure us against Ipswich in L1 last season. KLD should visit them and might see our "youth only " policy will fail. Keep moving on your best players and make no progress.

It’s likely that we’ll sell Clarke but no one has matched our valuation. I don’t think we’ll sell if they don’t, he still has another 2 years on his contract it’s not the same situation as Stewart.
I think we are signing Will Still as manager, I think it’s been done since he fucked up leaving Reims.
We’ll sign a striker probably around the 24 age for around 5 million, we’ll also sign Jordan Henderson.
I think I’m probably still pissed though after reading that.
I’m hopeful that we’ll sign what we need and crack on. It doesn’t matter what the club say outwardly they know it’s not good enough. Absolutely no point in stressing about selling players or not signing them, we can nothing about it.
Im pissed off all week if we get beat. But you have to remain hopeful we’ll get it right.

Hopefully the new head coach will bring his own coaching team in, time to change from the common denominator of the last few.
Even a decent coach can only work with what they have. If we haven’t any goal scoring strikers, even pep would struggle.I’m hopefulany new coach in uses his leverage to insist on at least 1new striker, a loan striker and a dcm as a condition of him accepting

Last edited:
I think there’ll be a struggle at the top. Speakman insisting on more £ or else more shite like we see today. Either he will go or KLD will give more quids. KLD will win.

Nothing will change.
I was listening to a podcast by the Athletic on Brentford and Brighton. On it, the journalist said that both clubs pride themselves on ‘not being affected by the outside noise’ and ‘execute their long term plan’. You can tell our executives think like this (without the same funding levels) and will think that they can not be swayed by anyone else.
Probably this, comment #3 and i haven't read through the rest but this sums it up for me.

One difference is probably our "funding level" will increase with the sales of Clarke and one or two others meaning we should get in a better class of young player.

Even a decent coach can only work with what they have. If we haven’t any goal scoring strikers, even pep would struggle.I’m hopefulany new coach in uses his leverage to insist on at least 1new striker, a loan striker and a dcm as a condition of him accepting
So you’d keep the coaching team we have?
I’d rather roll the dice just in case the common denominator is the actual cause of this mess.
The players have won games since Ross Stewart.

The demand for a striker last time produced Hemir and Burstow, so good luck there !!

Last edited:
So you’d keep the coaching team we have?
I’d rather roll the dice just in case the common denominator is the actual cause of this mess.
The players have won games since Ross Stewart.
Absolutely not, they’ll be despached to the academy with luck where they belong, but a new coach isn’t gonna be the silver bulletin it’s own right. The ownership have to step up and buy players who can give us half a chance.
Once Clarke goes thats pretty much all the goals and creativity gone from the team. Bringing more crap in like rusyn and hemir etc ain’t gonna fix the gaping holes we have….as well as needing to replace Clarke himself

Don't know if you watched fans react on youtube, but one fan was speaking to speakman and he said he was going nowhere.

That’s part of the problem. He is quite arrogant and seems to believe, or actually is, quite untouchable on the football side of things. It was solely his decision to remove Mowbray from his position and that was because Mowbray had him sussed and called him out on it several times.

Clarke is going we know that and you seriously think we will spend 15 million presuming we get about 25 for Clarke
I don't think we have a choice and surely Speakman and KLD aren't daft enough to see what we need to compete back into the top 6.

Coventry are a great example, spent next to nout last season but this season really used the Gyokeres and Hamer money on the likes of Wright and Simms

Things will just continue as they are because the board don't think there's any problem. We're mid table, without having to spend big on transfers or wages. As Speakman says "We're plodding along" and that's enough for them.

Back