What will happen

ah I love a good ''anyone who thinks different to me is a XXX'' reply.

3 to 4 is not half of 11.

Clarke is effectively already gone
Neil is on a few clubs radar its been acknowledged
Hume is NI player of the year
Roberts nearly went in the summer

any of those (not Roberts) get a prem team interested and they are gone, we are treading water/momentum-less and that factors in
If Clarke didn't go this season when they had offers, why would you assume the other three will go this year?

I am not disputing Clarke is going to go, as he a should. But the club has yet to 'cash in' on a player just to sell.

If Clarke didn't go this season when they had offers, why would you assume the other three will go this year?

I am not disputing Clarke is going to go, as he a should. But the club has yet to 'cash in' on a player just to sell.
I'm basing it not on the club deciding to cash in, but the players wanting to go. I see them being offered more money and possible prem moves and not wanting to turn it down. I see them having enough of being left to explain why we have had possibly one of the most embarrassing seasons on and off the pitch whilst the owner and DOF sit in their offices and hide.

Last season we were a young side with identity, confidence and momentum, 3 things that we arnt now. Of course bringing in a high profile manager would help but yet here we are, plodding on still.

I'm basing it not on the club deciding to cash in, but the players wanting to go. I see them being offered more money and possible prem moves and not wanting to turn it down. I see them having enough of being left to explain why we have had possibly one of the most embarrassing seasons on and off the pitch whilst the owner and DOF sit in their offices and hide.

Last season we were a young side with identity, confidence and momentum, 3 things that we arnt now. Of course bringing in a high profile manager would help but yet here we are, plodding on still.

And if they are offered more money or prem moves they should go regardless of where we finished this season. The club has no control over premier league and parachute payment money, it's the sad fact of how football is these days.

And if they are offered more money or prem moves they should go regardless of where we finished this season. The club has no control over premier league and parachute payment money, it's the sad fact of how football is these days.
exactly, they have no control over it. It wont matter if they want to ''cash in'' or not.

This season has weakened us in so many ways

exactly, they have no control over it. It wont matter if they want to ''cash in'' or not.

This season has weakened us in so many ways

But regardless of the season if a prem team cam in they will go, the only thing that would stop it would be getting promoted.

The only other team they would go to would be a parachute team, but that would be if the player is driven by money and you can't do much about that.

But regardless of the season if a prem team cam in they will go, the only thing that would stop it would be getting promoted.

The only other team they would go to would be a parachute team, but that would be if the player is driven by money and you can't do much about that.
well thanks to KLD, Sartori and Speakshit we can kiss goodbye to that for a while then cant we?

I hope I'm wrong but I see players leaving this summer

well thanks to KLD, Sartori and Speakshit we can kiss goodbye to that for a while then cant we?

I hope I'm wrong but I see players leaving this summer

I think the only one that will leave is clarke.

The rest I don't think prem teams will take a punt at our asking price.

i hope im wrong but i think recruitment will be shite and underwhelming again and we will struggle even more next season and relegation will be a real possibility if this form carry's on
I think the only one that will leave is clarke.

The rest I don't think prem teams will take a punt at our asking price.
imo theirs only clarke that could
play in the premiership the rest arnt good enough

Last edited:
I think we'll:

• Appoint Heckingbottom.
  • Sell Clarke.
  • Sign Rigg as a pro.
  • Spend the Clarke money, but on 3 or 4 youngish players from lesser leagues, slightly more proven players than in the past but not what most want.
  • Sell Bass, Anderson, Matete.
  • Release Evans
  • Loan out Young, Richardson, Johnson, Hemir
  • Make Styles permanent. 😐
What a time to be alive! 🙄🙈

Back