What was fun when you were a bairn?

Loved playing headers and volleys.
Playing keepy ups allday on my own.
Street games (fuck knows where all the kids came from)
Camping in the back garden after it’s yearly strim.

Hated sundays. Stale sarnies, Bath neet, toenails cut, spots squeezed and ears raked out with a hair grip.
It was like a production like with all my brothers and sisters.
Like painful hygiene circuits if you may.

Football was the main one - internash, Wembley pairs, crossbar challenge, headers and volleys
Making dens
Taking on a bee or wasp nest
Making guns or swords out of sticks
Climbing trees - seeing who could get the highest or down the quickest
Friday night tv (trying to stay up late)
Sunday morning cartoons
Christmas presents being in large boxes
Water fights that involved the whole street
Making bonfires (not setting fire to fields) and someone chucking something in the fire
Spud guns.
Wearing shorts at school.

Playing about 20 a side football on the Farringdon school fields despite a foot of clarts in each goal mouth that would stop a soaking wet casey dead after what you thought was a piledriver of a shot.

When i still lived in sunderland used to buy these little rubber toys called muscle men, loved them

Random memory after school in one of the shops near the blue bell pub, bought some mr t jewellery set!

Sledge down the hill on an old coal sack, didn’t matter what time of year, still work... just had to avoid the cows in the summer...

Waiting for a new game to load on the Spectrum.

British Bulldog in the school playground.

Cricket or Rounders with your mates, the game dependent on who brought along what bat.

Not sure if we give it a name, but we used to play a canny game with darts. One of us used to stand on the top of the hill bank, everybody else below, and then chuck one of the darts into the air and then see who would lose their nerve first when the dart started coming back down.

BMX jump in Barnes Park next to the band stand.

Used to spend hours bombing down the mud track and hitting the big jump flat out. You could go about 20 feet long.

Rode past it the other day out on my mountain bike. Scared me just to look down the slope!

Kids these days will never understand what it was like to find a wank mag in a lay by, hedge etc.

The hard part was getting past the pages stuck together.
I'm not convinced this is a real thing. Why would someone have it in a hedge, never mind leave it? Elaborate conspiracy by old people against us younger ones. Like the white dog shit, that must be made up anarl.

Bogies
Catching bees in large plastic sweet jars
Collecting panini stickers
Playing footy till it got dark
Itching powder
Jumping over a line of people lying under a ramp on your Chopper

I'm not convinced this is a real thing. Why would someone have it in a hedge, never mind leave it? Elaborate conspiracy by old people against us younger ones. Like the white dog shit, that must be made up anarl.

It was quite common to find a wank mags. Lay byes were good places, lorry drivers would throw them out.

White dog shit was true, it was something to do with the chemicals they put in the dog food back in the day iirc.

Back