What was fun when you were a bairn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playing gates in the street, and then arguing with the old biddies as they would tell us to get away from there gate and play on our own gates, and how I have forgot about garden hoping, as soon as it’s dark trying to do the length of the street over the back fences, always would be 1 our 2 tough gardens, and the buzz of having to sit dead still when someone turns there kitchen light on and then out of there like the flash as soon as a chance arouse

Last edited:
Setting fire to the fields between Grindon and Thorney jumping off top of sandhills playing knocky nine doors feeling up my mates sister(the dirty cow) playing kerbies

Teasing kids with disabilities.
P@ki bashing.
Wearing second or third hand clothes, including brown tank tops and Rupert the bear flares.
Scraping ice off the inside of windows.
Racing newts across the road.
Crawling through pipes under roads.
Egging the buses.
Scrumping.
Stealing pick ‘n’ mix at Woolworths.
Being lost in M&S after hiding in a clothes rail.
Etc.

Back street football. Classic cuppy singles or doubles, because there was always an odd number of you playing so couldn't have normal football with two goals.

And then BBC 2 from 6pm. Star Trek, Simpsons, Sliders, Fresh Prince and so on.

Was she called Lo-Lo Ferrari or am I thinking of someone else?

Rings a bell mate
My daughter has turned a box into a car today, and is "driving" it round the house. Its class.

And Champ Man. Could go till 5am easily most weekend nights.

ever find the hedge/wall that was 1 foot high on one side, but 6 f***ing feet on the other :lol:

Dinnar mate. Not like I've got it fixed in my memory or owt.

Aye, that was her. She's deed now.

I think this year my kids are just going to get a cardboard box each because they don't play with the f***ing toys anyway

Last edited:
Back street football. Classic cuppy singles or doubles, because there was always an odd number of you playing so couldn't have normal football with two goals.

And then BBC 2 from 6pm. Star Trek, Simpsons, Sliders, Fresh Prince and so on.

This too. Belting the ball off those tin garage doors. The neighbours must have hated us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back