What upset me most about today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ability to miss passes and allow it to rebound so quick is annoying as Fuck for players who get paid a fortune...

yesterday was a turning point imho

the anger as people were coming out was unlike the usual reaction.

the last three years of supporting this club have been largely disgraceful.

The way we've played all year has been turgid and even in the final, a chance to put things right we fail to even show up. and even worse , give away a lead as usual and let the opposition score the winner right at the end.

Was the fact that my dad said "ah well I will have to stay alive another year to see us go up". He isn't ill or anything but that really hit home that at his age now he may not be around to see us back in the premiership and that is a sobering thought. We've been doing this sh!t together for 50 odd years and time is running out for us and many people to see the club they love back where they belong. That sobered me up.

look on the bright side mate our dad might live for another ten plus years

he'll never see us win at wembley though

but the same could be said about the 20 year olds!

Was the fact that my dad said "ah well I will have to stay alive another year to see us go up". He isn't ill or anything but that really hit home that at his age now he may not be around to see us back in the premiership and that is a sobering thought. We've been doing this sh!t together for 50 odd years and time is running out for us and many people to see the club they love back where they belong. That sobered me up.
We've been second tier most of his life .We will be fortunate to pop into the top flight now and again I'd say

Very true but on the flip side he's seen us win the FA Cup and I'm 39 now so the chances of me seeing owt like that are slimming every year.

Same here, I'm just happy with a game in Europe ( baby steps n'all that ) to get out there and see different bits of the world = I've been saying that since 13.

Really thought that millwall semi final was the day but nope.

Best thing about today was that I sat with my daughter having a drink before the game in a similar manner to that i did with my dad 21 years ago.

It was the only positive, wasn’t it? Being able to take my seven-year-old, just like my dad did to me in ‘85, have a drink beforehand, make our way to Wembley…

And then to experience the same feeling of utter desolation and disappointment afterwards.

If you’d had told me, at that Norwich game, that 34 years later I’d be back at Wembley with my own child, watching us lose our seventh consecutive game there… well, I wouldn’t have believed that either.

PS I wish my dad was still around to have gone along with us yesterday. I did think after the match, is my time running out. Will I be around to see us back at the top again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back