What upset me most about today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen so many little lads 5-8yr old and just felt so sad for them. In 7 attempts over a 34 year period we’ve never left Wembley celebrating... its f***ing awful
I’m 38 and been to every Wembley trip bar 85 and this season.

I’ve two girls 4 and 1.

Not a chance I’m getting them into supporting Sunderland :lol: :(

Very similar to me , my dad is 74 this year . I think he has given up on getting to a European game !! Keep it going as long as you can ,enjoy the good times , wembley isn't everything.

You cant blame the old biys being pessimists - one day god willing i will be 80 and lifting a cup of whiskey in celebration as i watch safc win the champions league through my eye implant

Nothing to hang onto after a play-off defeat. It’s not a day out like the checkatrade, it’s all about the result.

At the moment if feels as if the season was a complete waste. Hopefully it will build some determination, and the nucleus of the squad can go one better for your old man and for all of us next season.

Watched the match at home with my lad today. He’s went up stairs at the final whistle without saying a word.

Just went to say goodnight as I headed to bed and he was showing me the list of teams playing in league 1 next season and asking if we could get season tickets.

Wouldn’t change it for the world.

2 finals and automatic promotion, spewed......The fans have done their part this season but the chairman (very little spend and no money to invest in young players or players of ability, he said last summer, we would, full of shit), the manager (tactically poor and no experience of english football) and the players (slow, ponderous and technically poor) are all to blame....This is the worst team we have ever had and we won't be stronger for next season to go up....If Ross stays, we'll struggle in the first few games and he'll get the chop or we get a new manager and there won't be any funds to bring in young quailty and build a team for the longterm which should have been started last summer, instead of freebie's and "experienced past it" players......It's a disaster not going up, money wise, etc and it will get worse.......I knew last summer that we wouldn't get promoted and have been called negative all season on here for keeping it real...

Last edited:
Watched the match at home with my lad today. He’s went up stairs at the final whistle without saying a word.

Just went to say goodnight as I headed to bed and he was showing me the list of teams playing in league 1 next season and asking if we could get season tickets.

Thats your fault.....................well done

You cant blame the old biys being pessimists - one day god willing i will be 80 and lifting a cup of whiskey in celebration as i watch safc win the champions league through my eye implant
I agree , with recent events in my family I value the time even more with my dad , after the shit we have watched the last few years this season was ok , however ultimately disappointing. If we can get another couple of promotions together or see another Phillips type striker I would be happy. I'm not a fan of Trafalgar Square but it just enforces the potential at Sunderland , why doesn't it develop further

Was there today with our lad (and we were there 21 years ago) and stood on the platform at Wembley Park in miserable silence he suddenly asked if I’d ever seen Lincoln play ... we laughed our heads off ... gold

Heartbroken it’s like I was dumped by the Ms. Today we might get back together next season if we can work out our differences and get promoted...

I agree , with recent events in my family I value the time even more with my dad , after the shit we have watched the last few years this season was ok , however ultimately disappointing. If we can get another couple of promotions together or see another Phillips type striker I would be happy. I'm not a fan of Trafalgar Square but it just enforces the potential at Sunderland , why doesn't it develop further

Players we buy cant fulfill dreams of fanbase and crack everytime

Was the fact that my dad said "ah well I will have to stay alive another year to see us go up". He isn't ill or anything but that really hit home that at his age now he may not be around to see us back in the premiership and that is a sobering thought. We've been doing this sh!t together for 50 odd years and time is running out for us and many people to see the club they love back where they belong. That sobered me up.
Yep mines 80 and on the downslope with C, no chance of being Premier League again before he passes, but have been home and away with him over the decades and have times that mean the world to me.

Was the fact that my dad said "ah well I will have to stay alive another year to see us go up". He isn't ill or anything but that really hit home that at his age now he may not be around to see us back in the premiership and that is a sobering thought. We've been doing this sh!t together for 50 odd years and time is running out for us and many people to see the club they love back where they belong. That sobered me up.
Sad but true, we will
Always be the also ran club

21 years ago I was out in Trafalgar Square with my Dad and his mates before the Charlton game. Unfortunately my Dads not here anymore but last night I was in Trafalgar Square with my lad. I've now seen us lose 8 f***ing times at Wembley and I really hope he doesn't have to put up with the same shit for the next fuck knows how many years!

You fucker that's poignant for a Sunday night :(

It’s ok mate we’re gona win the checkatrade next year

Different for everyone I guess, but for me it was my younger son going quiet in the second half, I asked if he was alright, he said he felt sick because it was so close, and he was so excited about the prospect of seeing a Wembley win and promotion.

While I knew we were in the process of throwing it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back