What upset me most about today

cabbage

Midfield
Was the fact that my dad said "ah well I will have to stay alive another year to see us go up". He isn't ill or anything but that really hit home that at his age now he may not be around to see us back in the premiership and that is a sobering thought. We've been doing this sh!t together for 50 odd years and time is running out for us and many people to see the club they love back where they belong. That sobered me up.

Very true but on the flip side he's seen us win the FA Cup and I'm 39 now so the chances of me seeing owt like that are slimming every year.

What were we 20 mins from winning The League Cup before Ya Ya pinged that strike?.We will never be that close to lifting a major cup in my lifetime

Was the fact that my dad said "ah well I will have to stay alive another year to see us go up". He isn't ill or anything but that really hit home that at his age now he may not be around to see us back in the premiership and that is a sobering thought. We've been doing this sh!t together for 50 odd years and time is running out for us and many people to see the club they love back where they belong. That sobered me up.

I know what you mean. When I left Wembley after the League Cup final I had to hold back the tears. Not because we lost but because deep down I knew that was my only chance to experience winning something with my dad.

Sure enough, he died two years later. Almost to the day. At least I was able to excise our derby hoodoo and finally see us win in person. Our last game was the Defoe one.

Best wishes to your Dad.

My Dad always said he wanted me to see a win at Wembley. Make the most of your time together with him. It's very precious xx

Very similar to me , my dad is 74 this year . I think he has given up on getting to a European game !! Keep it going as long as you can ,enjoy the good times , wembley isn't everything.

Tou and your dads relationship transcends the premiership- its about football and how for many of us its all we had in common with our dads

Was the manager who accepted defeat before a ball was kicked.

We literally got a free goal and still got beat. Tells you everything.
The game summed up our season in 1 unfortunately. Go a goal up, sit back invite pressure with no attacking intent. Concede then think shit what’s the plan now,launch aimless long balls to wyke who will win fuck all. Clueless without McGeady to create something out of nowt. Then to top it off concede yet another shite scrappy goal from set-pieces. All too predictable yet again.

Back