What type of holiday maker are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of Kazakhstan in the future. You been ?

They all hang around up north. I live near Valletta and am yet to meet a Brit.
Our local bar is 1.50 a beer and free food all night .
Maybe one day I will meet a Brit in the bar.

Didnt you say you met loads of brits whod fled there to escape various debts/comitments in the uk?
Not the sort of twats id like to share a beer with.

We've been going to the same place in the algarve for the last 17 years. Bought a house there early last year. I've done most european countries and not bothered about exploring anywhere else now.
Only thing on my bucket list now is to ship my bike over to america and spend a few weeks pottering around over there.
Do you mean motorcycle... it may be more cost effective to rent in USA than ship yours.. unless you’re going for months

Been across their 3 times now
( bike tours ) used Eaglerider

Didnt you say you met loads of brits whod fled there to escape various debts/comitments in the uk?
Not the sort of twats id like to share a beer with.
100% true . They live in Bugibba or Mellieha.
Easy avoided now I know.
All have stories to tell

I go to Spain every year but next year we’re going to tunisia , 20 of us , all inclusive , belle vue park,port el kantoui I think it’s called

Do you mean motorcycle... it may be more cost effective to rent in USA than ship yours.. unless you’re going for months

Been across their 3 times now
( bike tours ) used Eaglerider
Aye, i've looked into it but i'd love to take my own. A lot of lads i know have done it through clarendon.
I've seen good reviews of eagle rider, there's also hadrian tours up here iirc.
Just something on the bucket list.
The only thing that stopped me was my fear of flying, even looked into going on a container ship from southampton or liverpool but i'm ok with planes now.
You have a harley as well don't you iirc?

You may as well stay in the blandford.
The world is out there to explore.
There are a lot of us who like to explore.
Everyone to their own though 🙂
the blandford isnt 40+ degree heat and sandy beaches.

yeah, i like to explore too but it all depends on what you want to explore.

Aye, i've looked into it but i'd love to take my own. A lot of lads i know have done it through clarendon.
I've seen good reviews of eagle rider, there's also hadrian tours up here iirc.
Just something on the bucket list.
The only thing that stopped me was my fear of flying, even looked into going on a container ship from southampton or liverpool but i'm ok with planes now.
You have a harley as well don't you iirc?
Yes i still have my Harley SGS 2018

I know the owners of Hadrian v-twin tours really well.
They use Eaglerider for their tours.
Done a tour with them.
Done a couple on my own.

Much cheaper doing it on your own

Loads of other tips if you ever do it

I really enjoy telling people at work I’m going to Poland/Hungary or Belgium for a week/end and they ask ‘but where are you having your proper holiday?’ Just because a beach isn’t involved

Did one of those beach holidays 2 years ago for the first time since I was a bairn in college with 'the lads' - two weeks in Turkey with family friends, was bored after 1 week of the same horrific entertainment around the pool and taccy shops lining all the streets where you can't move for locals pestering you for your money before you get home and feel like crap for a week due to all the sh1te you've consumed while being away. We were talking to other Brits there and loads were all 'we've been coming here for 2 weeks every year for the last X years, love it I'd never want to go elsewhere', personally not for me but at the end of the day if it's how people want to spend their holidays then it's up to them.

Much prefer 3 or 4 nights exploring a city regardless of the season. I'm off to Vienna in a few weeks time to have a proper visit after passing through while interrailing earlier in the year but only had 1 night there then so wanted to see more it, fascinating place.

Might change my view on 'an ideal holiday' once I'm middle aged though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back