What time do you get up and go to sleep?

Had years of up at 5.45 and bed by 10-30-11.
Since retiring my sleep patterns have shifted. The alarm is now set for 8.30 but I'm often pottering around at 1 in the morning.
If you take out the demands of regular times needed to hold down a job it might be interesting to see what your sleep pattern is naturally.

Bed about 11-11.30. Head hits pillow and out like a light which irritates the Mrs as she needs to read or watch TV. Don't wake up until alarm goes off at 6
Given I am in my 40s I am sure this will change and I will start needing a middle of the night piss

In bed at 11, but then sit in bed on the ipad till about midnight ish usually but sometimes until about 1am.

Up at 7:30 or 8:30 depending on where I'm working that day.

At the weekend, that all goes out of the window.

Usually in bed about 23:00 ish.
Early shift, up at 04:00
Backshift, up at 06:00 even though I don't need to be
Even my days off I'm usually up and about at 06:00 ish

5:30 wake up - 10:00/10:30 sleep typically for raker.

I only ask this because when these champions league matches go later in the game/extra time I literally can’t stay awake. Was watching it round my brothers last night and came home when extra time was needed, eyes were closing.

How do yous all do it? I’m f***ing dropping come 9 o’clock at neet.
Have you been to the doctors.

I am a lazy white collared WFHer with a lack of muscles and devoid of manliness.

BUT on a WFH day I sometimes get up as late as 07:45, I tend to go to bed at 10:15ish and read until 11pm.

When I am forced to attend the office, I have to awake at 6am. Booooooo.

How?! Aya not knackered all the time?

Has been a bit of a shock this thread.
Always been like that,dunno why. Worse in the summer as it’s light earlier so it’s up and get on with the day
Even at a weekend if I’m not up by half seven it feels like I’ve over slept. So it’s wake up get get ready stick a coffee in my mug, take the dog out, get back, shit shower shave and off to work

Had years of up at 5.45 and bed by 10-30-11.
Since retiring my sleep patterns have shifted. The alarm is now set for 8.30 but I'm often pottering around at 1 in the morning.
If you take out the demands of regular times needed to hold down a job it might be interesting to see what your sleep pattern is naturally.
Depends what you call natural? Is that removing all artificial light?

Always been like that,dunno why. Worse in the summer as it’s light earlier so it’s up and get on with the day
Even at a weekend if I’m not up by half seven it feels like I’ve over slept.
Getting older and little uns did that to me. And agree about the time/feeling like you've slept in. Love being up before the rest have emerged from their pits. Nice cuppa scad, wireless on and just looking out the window n that. An early stroll or run is also great knowing most are still in bed.

Getting older and little uns did that to me. And agree about the time/feeling like you've slept in. Love being up before the rest have emerged from their pits. Nice cuppa scad, wireless on and just looking out the window n that. An early stroll or run is also great knowing most are still in bed.
Yep, best time of the day, laying in ur pit till 10/11 am on a weekend is a massive waste of your free time

Back