What the former Corner Flag pub is to become.

Sunderland city council The MAC Trust The Heritage Lottery fund the Arts Council private investment etc etc deserve enormous credit for the developments on Keel Square/the Minister Quarter/the Vaux site such as the stonework done on the Dun Cow and the Peacock pubs the Minister Park development the Fire Station complex Keel Square Hotel the Cultural House the Vaux Dray & Horses sculpture the Beam the City Hall the new Eye Infirmary city centre housing etc.

Though I'm sure it won't be good enough for certain social media cynics.

Sunderland city council The MAC Trust The Heritage Lottery fund the Arts Council private investment etc etc deserve enormous credit for the developments on Keel Square/the Minister Quarter/the Vaux site such as the stonework done on the Dun Cow and the Peacock pubs the Minister Park development the Fire Station complex Keel Square Hotel the Cultural House the Vaux Dray & Horses sculpture the Beam the City Hall the new Eye Infirmary city centre housing etc.

Though I'm sure it won't be good enough for certain social media cynics.
What have they done about the lack of shops and nice restaurants though?

It looks great, but I will add what I've been saying for a while. They need to be doing this on the north side of the road as well, on the vaux site we have prime developmental space for this kind of thing on a cliff above a river, that divides the town with what could be one of the best views in the country. How many towns have a cliff with a river and sea view that runs through its middle? We need to open that space up and stop building garbage like the current borg cube that sits there. I know these things take time, but they need to better plan for the long term what goes on the north side, whilst developments like this take place.

It looks great, but I will add what I've been saying for a while. They need to be doing this on the north side of the road as well, on the vaux site we have prime developmental space for this kind of thing on a cliff above a river, that divides the town with what could be one of the best views in the country. How many towns have a cliff with a river and sea view that runs through its middle? We need to open that space up and stop building garbage like the current borg cube that sits there. I know these things take time, but they need to better plan for the long term what goes on the north side, whilst developments like this take place.

I think you’re right the vaux site is a perfect opportunity to put something prominent on the skyline.

What about the Galen Building? Roof and upper floor is not in a good condition. Can't they move some of the public services into there. Don't want to lose it.

U

That's all to be started yet. Sounds like you'd be better off reading the plans

What about the Galen Building? Roof and upper floor is not in a good condition. Can't they move some of the public services into there. Don't want to lose it.

Think it’s in private ownership. It’s a great building but looks like it would cost a fortune to renovate. One of the issues at the moment in Sunderland is the viability to invest in these properties.

Back