What size TV?

Looking to buy a 4K TV but not sure whether to go for 55" or 65". It will go on the chimney breast (eye level) as it's the only feasible place in the room. We'd be sitting 9 feet away. If a 55" there would be about 4" gap either side but a 65" would be an exact fit width-wise and I'm not sure whether that would look right so I'm thinking maybe widen the chimney breast a little.

If I got the 55" would I quickly regret not going bigger? If I got the 65" would it look too big for the room? The price they are I really don't want to be having immediate regrets so any advice would be very welcome. Cheers.
If it fits then 65" all day long and yes you'd probably regret getting the 55" as it will probably look like a postage stamp on the wall.
If I had a big enough house (and no neighbours) then I can see the attraction of having a separate room with a very big screen, sound system, appropriate seating and a beer fridge but I think a large telly looks out of place in a normal sized living room.
I once had a plan for the spare bedroom like that but 2nd kid ruined that plan. My sitting room is the cinema instead 🤣

Last edited:

65 OLED, LG or Samsung/Sony with their QD OLED.

My 65 LG OLED also fits my chimney breast perfectly like the old LED 65 I had there before. The previous TV to that was an LG 55 LED and it didn't look right, too small.

If you can afford to get the OLED go for it, they are so much, much better than LED...

Back