What size TV?

Obsidian Beast

Central Defender
Looking to buy a 4K TV but not sure whether to go for 55" or 65". It will go on the chimney breast (eye level) as it's the only feasible place in the room. We'd be sitting 9 feet away. If a 55" there would be about 4" gap either side but a 65" would be an exact fit width-wise and I'm not sure whether that would look right so I'm thinking maybe widen the chimney breast a little.

If I got the 55" would I quickly regret not going bigger? If I got the 65" would it look too big for the room? The price they are I really don't want to be having immediate regrets so any advice would be very welcome. Cheers.

At this time of year our hearts should go out to people who cannot even afford a 55" TV. Years of Tory austerity have reduced us to this.

65" if it fits

i bought a 55" OLED a few years ago and after a few months regretted not getting the 65". was quite expensive though so I've just accepted it but always get TV envy when visiting someone's house and they've a 65

Looking to buy a 4K TV but not sure whether to go for 55" or 65". It will go on the chimney breast (eye level) as it's the only feasible place in the room. We'd be sitting 9 feet away. If a 55" there would be about 4" gap either side but a 65" would be an exact fit width-wise and I'm not sure whether that would look right so I'm thinking maybe widen the chimney breast a little.

If I got the 55" would I quickly regret not going bigger? If I got the 65" would it look too big for the room? The price they are I really don't want to be having immediate regrets so any advice would be very welcome. Cheers.

I'd say the 65" but don’t go adjusting the chimney breast, here’s the scientific advice - it’s from years ago but is still relevant to your question How to choose the right screen size • The Register

Back