What size TV?

No matter what the size, they all shrink to 24" portables after a couple of weeks.

Like cars, wimmin and mortgages. If you're gonna 'ave one, 'ave a biggun.

I had a choice years ago a 28" with surround sound or 32" with just stereo for the same money.
My choice was the 28" with the rear speakers, but regretted it after about a month, it was just too small.
The sound was great as it had a subwoofer built in that the 32" didn't, but I should have paid the extra for the bigger screen.

Luckily about I was forced to upgrade it as HDMI came out a couple of years later or I would have been stuck with it for years.
If it hadn't been for that the missus would have blocked any more TV upgrades.

I was given my current 55" by a relative who needed a huge TV due to failing eyesight and it's been great and I haven't bought a TV for years.
Secretly I keep hoping it pops and I need to by a new TV, but it just keeps going without a care in the world and I just can't justify changing it.

So, the moral of the story is buy the best TV you can and go larger if your unsure. You will be looking at it for 10 years or so an extra 2 or 3 hundred now is nothing.

Looking to buy a 4K TV but not sure whether to go for 55" or 65". It will go on the chimney breast (eye level) as it's the only feasible place in the room. We'd be sitting 9 feet away. If a 55" there would be about 4" gap either side but a 65" would be an exact fit width-wise and I'm not sure whether that would look right so I'm thinking maybe widen the chimney breast a little.

If I got the 55" would I quickly regret not going bigger? If I got the 65" would it look too big for the room? The price they are I really don't want to be having immediate regrets so any advice would be very welcome. Cheers.
if the telly is at eye level, you cant have a fireplace there so why would you widen it and lose space? just take it out if you are going to that expense.

Looking to buy a 4K TV but not sure whether to go for 55" or 65". It will go on the chimney breast (eye level) as it's the only feasible place in the room. We'd be sitting 9 feet away. If a 55" there would be about 4" gap either side but a 65" would be an exact fit width-wise and I'm not sure whether that would look right so I'm thinking maybe widen the chimney breast a little.

If I got the 55" would I quickly regret not going bigger? If I got the 65" would it look too big for the room? The price they are I really don't want to be having immediate regrets so any advice would be very welcome. Cheers.
I am sure there is something online which tells you optimum size for your distance from the screen

If I had a big enough house (and no neighbours) then I can see the attraction of having a separate room with a very big screen, sound system, appropriate seating and a beer fridge but I think a large telly looks out of place in a normal sized living room.

If I had a big enough house (and no neighbours) then I can see the attraction of having a separate room with a very big screen, sound system, appropriate seating and a beer fridge but I think a large telly looks out of place in a normal sized living room.
I've got a room like that with recliners etc. It's great, but the kids use it more than me.

Back