What shares you buying?

Are you looking at that Spac (SPC) he’s bought into?
Looking very good for SPC. They suspended trading this morning while they do a reverse takeover with a medicinal cannabis company, Hellenic Dynamics. Prediction is it will be a minimum of 0.47 per share having dipped as low as 0.18 earlier.

I think I’ll hang onto these as it’s a growth market, and more countries will be relaxing their regulations in coming years.

Gone for a risky, but decent longer term option. Clover Health Investments. I have been following it since the "Meme" news broke in juneish? and it has been badly shorted. Down from circa 22 dollars to about 8 dollars. Some big investors gone in heavy between 7 and 8 including Google and fidelity. What has happened, is admittedly over my head with the borrowing of shares and less than honest looking dark pool trading. But recently it looks like the normal sellers have stopped selling and the shorts have started covering. I think around 8 is the bottom price and the shares have been oversold. at some point they need to be paid back. I dont normally like volatile shares that are unnaturally priced but like the current buy in point.

They have pulled the earning report forward as well which is normally good news. I think it will see the shorts cover fast if the news is good.

Monkeytassle's opinion on this would have been interesting but dont appear to be able to tag him.

Last edited:
Looking very good for SPC. They suspended trading this morning while they do a reverse takeover with a medicinal cannabis company, Hellenic Dynamics. Prediction is it will be a minimum of 0.47 per share having dipped as low as 0.18 earlier.

I think I’ll hang onto these as it’s a growth market, and more countries will be relaxing their regulations in coming years.
I got in at 0.28 and 0.33. Was twitching a bit, but should get 10x if this deal goes through. Should. Might.
A mate of mine is in balls deep with them.

I got in at 0.28 and 0.33. Was twitching a bit, but should get 10x if this deal goes through. Should. Might.
A mate of mine is in balls deep with them.
I got some at .23 then did a FOMO buy at .30 when it was shooting up then bit the bullet after it yo-yo’d for a while at .21 so it doesn’t owe me too much in the grand scheme.

Just opened S&S ISA with Vanguard, plumped for the Lifestrategy 100. Going to try and put the maximum £20k a year in for the next 10- 15 year and hopefully should be looking at canny lumper when I retire.......or I could lose it all!

You won't lose it all. (Well not unless zombie armageddon happens)

The general expectation is that during a slump, the value could drop by upto 40%

But they do recover eventually (the covid one was pretty rapid, but they're not always)

Just opened S&S ISA with Vanguard, plumped for the Lifestrategy 100. Going to try and put the maximum £20k a year in for the next 10- 15 year and hopefully should be looking at canny lumper when I retire.......or I could lose it all!

It you were to lose it all then that would mean the whole global economy crashing to nothing - and if that was to happen then you'd have more to worry about than losing all of your investments.

The Lifestrategy 100 is good to get started but you may want to reduce to the 80 then the 60 as you approach retirement.

It you were to lose it all then that would mean the whole global economy crashing to nothing - and if that was to happen then you'd have more to worry about than losing all of your investments.

The Lifestrategy 100 is good to get started but you may want to reduce to the 80 then the 60 as you approach retirement.
Yeah I looked at the 80 but I'm not planning to touch the money so just went all in! Planning to retire at 55 so when I hit 50 think I'll go down to 60.

Gone for a risky, but decent longer term option. Clover Health Investments. I have been following it since the "Meme" news broke in juneish? and it has been badly shorted. Down from circa 22 dollars to about 8 dollars. Some big investors gone in heavy between 7 and 8 including Google and fidelity. What has happened, is admittedly over my head with the borrowing of shares and less than honest looking dark pool trading. But recently it looks like the normal sellers have stopped selling and the shorts have started covering. I think around 8 is the bottom price and the shares have been oversold. at some point they need to be paid back. I dont normally like volatile shares that are unnaturally priced but like the current buy in point.

They have pulled the earning report forward as well which is normally good news. I think it will see the shorts cover fast if the news is good.

Monkeytassle's opinion on this would have been interesting but dont appear to be able to tag him.

Gunna pop today I reckon, Insane pre trading volume. Expecting some shorting skulduggery as 1,000,000 have been borrowed so will be a opening dump. But borrowed shared have to be paid back!!!!! Going to be interesting to see if the hedge funds can repay 25million shares.

What do people think about FTSE trackers at the moment?

It’s dipped a bit recently but wondering if it’s still overpriced…

not sure to be honest, might be worth seeing how covid plays out regarding inflation etc might be able to enter at at better level. I don't know a lot mind someone with better knowledge will probably be able to better advise.

@monkeytassle it would be interesting to hear your opinion on Clover Health? Circa 30 million shares borrowed of a float of 200m (i think) and a wall of shares at about 28 million that the hedge funds cannot buy back as the institutions and retail investors wont sell as it has been shorted from about 28 dollars per share to 8. company goes from strength to strength each quarter.

I personally think it has the potential to be huge in a lucrative industry but it is been shorted badly. To the point where i broke my own rules and liquidated everything to buy more (not a lot in the grand scheme of things)

not sure to be honest, might be worth seeing how covid plays out regarding inflation etc might be able to enter at at better level. I don't know a lot mind someone with better knowledge will probably be able to better advise.

@monkeytassle it would be interesting to hear your opinion on Clover Health? Circa 30 million shares borrowed of a float of 200m (i think) and a wall of shares at about 28 million that the hedge funds cannot buy back as the institutions and retail investors wont sell as it has been shorted from about 28 dollars per share to 8. company goes from strength to strength each quarter.

I personally think it has the potential to be huge in a lucrative industry but it is been shorted badly. To the point where i broke my own rules and liquidated everything to buy more (not a lot in the grand scheme of things)
Out of my depth in equity land my friend although if find it odd that despite a stock going that far investors would still be balls long

Out of my depth in equity land my friend although if find it odd that despite a stock going that far investors would still be balls long

It looks to my untrained eye that the shorting big dogs are bailing out and leaving the smaller shorts to foot the bill. Im expecting a rug pull. however my investing knowledge isn't great, before clover I assumed you did some research picked your stock and sat back. Got my eyes well and truly opened in the seedy world of US SPAC stocks and their fake pump and dump accounts/shorting/darkpools/fake investor reports/fake downgrades etc. never again

Last edited:
It looks to my untrained eye that the shorting big dogs are bailing out and leaving the smaller shorts to foot the bill. Im expecting a rug pull. however my investing knowledge isn't great, before clover I assumed you did some research picked your stock and sat back. Got my eyes well and truly opened in the seedy world of US SPAC stocks and their fake pump and dump accounts/shorting/darkpools/fake investor reports/fake downgrades etc. never again
You sound like Rockerfeller- I did not understand any of that!

Back