What normal thing can’t you get your head around?

It all comes down to mathematics and our ability to replicate the physical world numerically.

Lift is greater than weight.

Thrust is greater than drag.

So many other much smaller calculations needed to get to what is fundamentally a simple ratio.
Watched the Dambusters for the umpteenth time this avvy and still completely fascinated and in awe of the whole team behind that from start to finish. Amazing ingenuity, creativity, adaptability, sheer doggedness and bravery.

Watched the Dambusters for the umpteenth time this avvy and still completely fascinated and in awe of the whole team behind that from start to finish. Amazing ingenuity, creativity, adaptability, sheer doggedness and bravery.

Wars & advances in technology go hand in hand, for good and bad

Sailing is probably one of the things I actually do understand. Stuff like electricity, TV, radio etc. I haven’t really got a clue beyond the basics yet I’ve worked in and around networking and comms for donkeys and can explain all manner of theoretical stuff about them.
Aye same (well except for not working around techy stuff!)
In that film The Prestige IIRC they touched on Tesla who had an idea of creating a network of Electricity that everyone around the world could tap into to power whatever they wanted for free. The internet and Bluetooth is hard enough for a lot of people to fathom right now so islesike this must have seemed complete witchcraft a hundred years ago. If that twat Edison hadn’t finagled his way into the front rank and Tesla had had his way we may have all had free leccy bills.

Wars & advances in technology go hand in hand, for good and bad

Humanity should be at the part where desire replaces the word war.

The advancements NASA could potentially make by swapping the annual budget with the US military would be mental.

Back