What normal thing can’t you get your head around?

Apostrophes.

I'm fine with contractions (example deliberate).

Can not get my head round the rules for possessives.
Just add "apostrophe s" to the possessor. If the result sounds silly remove the final "s".

Desperate Dan's Cow Pie
Giggs's court cases
The Bash Street Kids' classroom

But remember to add an "s" (with no apostrophe) to most business names:

Marks & Spencer needs to be Marks & Spencers
Tesco should be Tescos
Pfizer is actually Pfizers

But Esso, BP, Barclays and Nat West don't get changed, they are exclusions.

Last edited:
One Giggs
Numerous court cases
And if he was called Gigg would it be Giggs' court cases or just Giggs court cases?

Just to melt my melon further when he was divorcing their lass how would I describe the multiple court cases that involved multiple Giggs's.
It's nonsense like that, that forces me to completely re-write sentences to avoid apostrophes.

Last edited:
I learned to sail in the summer, and sailing into the wind is like magic
You just have to understand the sails work like aeroplane wings when you’re going into the wind. You won’t make much progress going directly into the wind which is why you have to tack, but its no more magical than flying!

You just have to understand the sails work like aeroplane wings when you’re going into the wind. You won’t make much progress going directly into the wind which is why you have to tack, but its no more magical than flying!
Sailing is probably one of the things I actually do understand. Stuff like electricity, TV, radio etc. I haven’t really got a clue beyond the basics yet I’ve worked in and around networking and comms for donkeys and can explain all manner of theoretical stuff about them.

I heard a great one, everything that’s been invented has been done using the same materials that were available to all humans ever.

And vinyls, how does the needle read the squiggly lines and turn it into music? I get the data part of it but it’s a sheet of plastic that has bumps and lines
Electricity delivered by wireless Bluetooth. 2045

How a very heavy aircraft full of fat drunken people can get off the ground.

I know it’s the 4 Forces but it’s still remarkable.

That’s weight, thrust, drag and lift

How a very heavy aircraft full of fat drunken people can get off the ground.

I know it’s the 4 Forces but it’s still remarkable.

That’s weight, thrust, drag and lift

It all comes down to mathematics and our ability to replicate the physical world numerically.

Lift is greater than weight.

Thrust is greater than drag.

So many other much smaller calculations needed to get to what is fundamentally a simple ratio.

It all comes down to mathematics and our ability to replicate the physical world numerically.

Lift is greater than weight.

Thrust is greater than drag.

So many other much smaller calculations needed to get to what is fundamentally a simple ratio.
Then a wizard says Abracadabra.

Religion - particularly the Abrahamic religions. Just can’t understand why people fall for such hateful, fear mongering & controlling propaganda.

Back