What normal thing can’t you get your head around?

well if they put the phone down and looked at the world they may meet people.

But seriously, It baffles me the whole social media thing
It’s just a different world mate. I can make a Nigerian bloke bring a pizza to my house. I can find out if it’s raining in Melbourne.

I can, but I don’t do either. I do understand why some people behave like this though.

I’m agreeing with you.

How every single other football team in existence persists in playing a striker up front and somehow they seem to score more often than SAFC, despite usually having far less possession.

Mental!

The Maya had the solar system etc worked out long before Europeans and IIRC they did it without telescopes.

And then there is the Dogon people in Africa who revere a ‘dark star’ and know all about its orbits etc but it can’t be seen with the naked eye and you guessed it - they don’t have telescopes.
As there was zero light and air pollution, a lot more of the stars were visible to the naked eye.

Flying - I totally get the science ( drag, thrust , lift etc) but lifting several tons into the air and moving at 500mph just shouldn’t happen. Same with supertankers ( again I get the buoyancy / displacement etc) but the fucker simply shouldn’t float !

And getting a text from New Zealand in a matter of seconds - impossible !!!!

Oh - and Bluetooth???
I don’t get how people say they get how things like aerodynamics and displacement work then go on to demonstrate that they actually don’t. ;)

This is like the sea turtles who spend a lifetime at sea but know instinctively how to navigate back the very beach on which they were hatched in order to bury eggs of their own in the same spot. Or salmon who manage not know instinctively how to find the stream in which they are born and swim up it against the current.

Our daughter was between houses for a few weeks, and a friend of ours offered to look after her cat for her (we have a very territorial cat who would have spent all his waking time trying to fight it). So we took the cat between old house and friend's house - a five mile journey, in a cat carrier, in a car. Only time the cat had done that journey.

After a few days, the cat disappeared, much to the distress of our daughter and the friend who'd been looking after her.

Three weeks later, with daughter moved into her new place...we get a call. He'd turned up at the old house. How the fuck he'd navigated five miles along a route he'd only travelled once, in a carrier, in a car, is just amazing. Inbuilt cat nav, I guess.

Our daughter was between houses for a few weeks, and a friend of ours offered to look after her cat for her (we have a very territorial cat who would have spent all his waking time trying to fight it). So we took the cat between old house and friend's house - a five mile journey, in a cat carrier, in a car. Only time the cat had done that journey.

After a few days, the cat disappeared, much to the distress of our daughter and the friend who'd been looking after her.

Three weeks later, with daughter moved into her new place...we get a call. He'd turned up at the old house. How the fuck he'd navigated five miles along a route he'd only travelled once, in a carrier, in a car, is just amazing. Inbuilt cat nav, I guess.
Don't get that one either.
We had a Tom cat did that. Had to cross the A30 dual carriageway anarl. Still got nee idea how he did it.

Had this happen before. The vet said they move in concentric circles so that they eventually narrow in on sights they recognise, other cats etc. It still blows my mind - is so intelligent

well if they put the phone down and looked at the world they may meet people.

But seriously, It baffles me the whole social media thing
Spot on this. The youngest step son (15) was whining the other night about not being allowed to stop up til 4am, with his justification being that all of his "friends" are in the USA and it's the only chance he gets to talk to them. He has no friends at school pretty much, as they have all said he spends ALL of his time on his phone or on his PC on Dischord. There's a real danger subsequent generations will live mostly virtual lives.

Spot on this. The youngest step son (15) was whining the other night about not being allowed to stop up til 4am, with his justification being that all of his "friends" are in the USA and it's the only chance he gets to talk to them. He has no friends at school pretty much, as they have all said he spends ALL of his time on his phone or on his PC on Dischord. There's a real danger subsequent generations will live mostly virtual lives.
If we all start living virtual lives it means @Cox Green Fc might be able to have his bait in the pub without some scruffy mongrel licking his chips.

The whole concept of TV has always bamboozled me. It's just mad how it could possibly work. I could of lived for a million years and never come up with that idea

Had this happen before. The vet said they move in concentric circles so that they eventually narrow in on sights they recognise, other cats etc. It still blows my mind - is so intelligent
Must be the same principle with homing pigeons. Although they can get home from thousands of miles away too.

Back