What kind of birds do you see in your garden?

Sparrows:)
(a multitude of) Blackbirds:)
(an occasional) Thrush :( (used to see loads of these 20yrs ago)
( a resounding number of) Robin:D
(a "twinning" of) Goldfinch (it's a fact that if we see one, another is nearby):cool:
(a "wibble" of) Wrens:D
(a "shining" of) Starlings.....This maybe a load of manure.....but, when i was a kid living in the proverbial pit town, the Starlings were Black? or so it seemed?
Since the pits closed (and time has passed) these birds have colours, indeed as colourful as Mackerel (without wings):D
Ring necked Doves:cool:
Wood Pigeons:D love watching these, more colours in them than i thought.
Various "tits" The Blue variety are the most common:D
Lot's of other Finches:cool:
Seagulls:(
Kestrel:cool:
House Martins (high up)

I have this daft Male Pheasant that waits for me to feed it suet pellets.
I open the patio door and it starts walking to me :)
Literally throw the pellets at it 6 feet away. Just hope it doesn’t venture out too far as it will get shot on the Pheasant shoots.
It roosts up in one of the trees and is on our roof just as the light breaks in the Morning. Dog often scares him off but he is soon back ready to be fed.

Big blueish tassily bastard with a fuck off yellow beak. Gets in our garden now n again, looking for his/her human dad (fell off of a roof or some such apparently). He/she/it comes into the garden from the care home next door where it has resided for the last few years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big blueish tassily bastard with a fuck off yellow beak. Gets in our garden now n again, looking for his/her human dad (fell off of a roof or some such apparently). He/she/it comes into the garden from the care home next door where it has resided for the last few years.
I can tell him where his dad is, buried local in Addlestone cem, small headstone, rodney Stephen Hull.

I have this daft Male Pheasant that waits for me to feed it suet pellets.
I open the patio door and it starts walking to me :)
Literally throw the pellets at it 6 feet away. Just hope it doesn’t venture out too far as it will get shot on the Pheasant shoots.
It roosts up in one of the trees and is on our roof just as the light breaks in the Morning. Dog often scares him off but he is soon back ready to be fed.
Aye, there'll be more than 6 bassa's shooting at him ;) :(
I can tell him where his dad is, buried local in Addlestone cem, small headstone, rodney Stephen Hull.
:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
As the title says

I get Pied Wagtails in my garden

What types do you get?

Also had Blue Tits
And even ducks believe it or not

Bullfinch, chaffinch, nuthatch, sparrow hawk, greenfinch, blackbird, dunnock, hedge sparrow, magpie, jackdaw, wren, greater spotted woodpecker, garden warbler, robin, long tailed tit, blue tit, great tit, coal tit, collared dove, wood pigeon, starling and more than likely a few more lurkers and birds passing through.

Pied Wagtail? Do you have a stream in your garden?

Bullfinch, chaffinch, nuthatch, sparrow hawk, greenfinch, blackbird, dunnock, hedge sparrow, magpie, jackdaw, wren, greater spotted woodpecker, garden warbler, robin, long tailed tit, blue tit, great tit, coal tit, collared dove, wood pigeon, starling and more than likely a few more lurkers and birds passing through.

Nah he watches them live and in the flesh

Robins
Blue tits
Great tits
Coal tits
Blackbirds
Sparrows
Wrens
Thrush
Starlings
Crows
Magpies
Doves
Wood pigeons
Jackdaws
Sparrowhawk

What thrushes do you get in your garden, Becs? They're starting to get a bit scarce and I haven't seen one 'round here for a while.

You don’t need streams for Pied Wagtails, more likely Yellow Wagtails where water is present.
Pied Wagtails are very common in City Centres.
Have a resident pair around here that raised at least 4 young this Spring. Amazing watching them chasing insects on the lawn.

Same in mine. Hate cats

Me too. Got a few wild ones roaming around and caught one of 'em with a baby rabbit hanging out of its mouth just about to jump over the fence. Awful animals. I get up early, around 5, and every now and again there's one prowling around looking for rabbits and birds in the garden. I keep chasing them out but they're like a bad penny.

What thrushes do you get in your garden, Becs? They're starting to get a bit scarce and I haven't seen one 'round here for a while.

One of the most beautiful bird songs from the Song Thrush.
Late March love to listen to their melodic song, welcoming Spring.
Definitely declined in numbers but a few pairs in our village.
Lucky to have a couple of Mistle Thrushes here as well.

You don’t need streams for Pied Wagtails, more likely Yellow Wagtails where water is present.
Pied Wagtails are very common in City Centres.
Have a resident pair around here that raised at least 4 young this Spring. Amazing watching them chasing insects on the lawn.

Aye, I go swimming in Durham and there was one bobbing around outside the swimming the centre the other morning. From personal experience though, I see a lot of them around estuaries and the sides of lakes but I've never seen one in the garden.

I think the other wagtail you're thinking of is the Grey Wagtail, which has a yellow undercarriage, 'really bonny bird.

Me too. Got a few wild ones roaming around and caught one of 'em with a baby rabbit hanging out of its mouth just about to jump over the fence. Awful animals. I get up early, around 5, and every now and again there's one prowling around looking for rabbits and birds in the garden. I keep chasing them out but they're like a bad penny.

Easy to get rid of the little wild bastards.

Back