What is your favourite ever PC game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been gaming continuously since the late 1970s on dozens of different platforms, many if which are now long obsolete. The best game I've ever played is Everquest 2. It's depth and addiction is beyond any other game I've ever played. This is why I've clocked up over 9000 hours on it since I started playing it in 2004 and spent at least a grand on it. It has a steep learning curve and dated graphics, but once you are "in" you're really "in". It's nicknamed EverCrack for a reason

First Everquest was the better like. Groundbreaking stuff and for me the daddy of all online MMO's. Played the 2nd for a good while but it just wasn't the same and not as good.

Still remember coming in pissed at about 3 in the morning and being dragged on a raid as lead shaman into the plane of hate. Fuck me that was fun, I was fucked :lol:

We also had 2 hour limits on our broadband back then with random kickoffs constantly. Made online gaming dangerous as fuck as with games like Everquest if you lost your connection most of the time you would die or keep running (whilst disconnected) into certain death. And when you died, you lost everything unless you can recover your corpse. Fuck me, them where the days! Spending ages getting buffed up and summoning my pet and then losing connection 5 minutes in and dying and spending ages just on the corpse retrieval.

First Everquest was the better like. Groundbreaking stuff and for me the daddy of all online MMO's. Played the 2nd for a good while but it just wasn't the same and not as good.

Still remember coming in pissed at about 3 in the morning and being dragged on a raid as lead shaman into the plane of hate. Fuck me that was fun, I was fucked :lol:

We also had 2 hour limits on our broadband back then with random kickoffs constantly. Made online gaming dangerous as fuck as with games like Everquest if you lost your connection most of the time you would die or keep running (whilst disconnected) into certain death. And when you died, you lost everything unless you can recover your corpse. Fuck me, them where the days! Spending ages getting buffed up and summoning my pet and then losing connection 5 minutes in and dying and spending ages just on the corpse retrieval.

Oh God yeah, I've MTed many a time drunk in raids lol or accidently pull mobs before the tank with DPS due to one to many vodkas.
Now's a good time to re-join with the new xpac coming out in a month. EQ2 is free to play to a certain extent, so send me a PM if you try it out again. I'm on the Skyfire server.

Old championship manager games and the Civ series would be my picks.

Spent a frightening amount of time playing them

I've been gaming continuously since the late 1970s on dozens of different platforms, many if which are now long obsolete. The best game I've ever played is Everquest 2. It's depth and addiction is beyond any other game I've ever played. This is why I've clocked up over 9000 hours on it since I started playing it in 2004 and spent at least a grand on it. It has a steep learning curve and dated graphics, but once you are "in" you're really "in". It's nicknamed EverCrack for a reason

:eek:

:lol:
I've played it so many times I've convinced myself it's ok to cheat :oops:
I have it on auto save every 5 turns and if I don't like something that happens I just load an earlier save. Has made the game pretty much pointless.
I hope they make civ 6 harder for cheating bastards like me.
You're right. Ghandi is an utter warmongering bastard.
Edit - there's a sentence I never thought I'd write.
Eh?? Ghandi is a right tree hugger whenever I've played. Shaka is the biggest bastard with his army of Impies.

Eh?? Ghandi is a right tree hugger whenever I've played. Shaka is the biggest bastard with his army of Impies.
He's mental on Monday on mine. First I go for.
I'm currently playing a game with Mongolia, Japan, the ottomans, the maya, morroco, and the zulus. There hasn't been much peace :lol:

Another vote for Civ 5, just wish it were actually possible to write an AI that is up to scratch to stop this nonsense of not being able to build wonders until roughly half way through due to the constructed boosts they get

You're right. Ghandi is an utter warmongering bastard.
You know where this comes from?
The original Civ - Ghandi' "Liklikhood to start a war" rating was very low. Say 1/10.
The certain elements of the game would make the AI more or less likely to attack you. If you got on Ghandi's good side, you could "Break" that score by making it go under 0 and it would essentially turn it into a 10/10 and out come the nukes.

I don't play a great deal of games on PC, I really enjoyed Ori & The Blind Forest, though. Never played anything like that and thought it was brilliant.

CS:GO maybe, that's pretty addicting, as cancerous as the community is. :D

Between Fallout 3 and Knights of the Old Republic. Both had really good stories but think KOTOR just shades it because of the end reveal. Genuinely never saw it coming at all and it proper blew me away.

I'd love a KOTOR game done like Fallout 3. I'd never leave the house again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back