What is the point in Trai Hume?

Then what is he? He’s definitely not a defensive minded player either and I struggle to see anything that would say he’s a number 10 type. Mowbray once said he had to be more aggressive, he was until his injury, now he’s a waste of a shirt!
He’s a big lad so people automatically think he’s gonna be smashing people all over he’s better higher up the pitch around the edge if he box and final 3rd heading ball through to the strikers and shooting he’s got the potential to score 10 a season from midfield
Styles needs a chance in central midfield and until then I’ll reserve my judgment he’s been unfortunate that hjelde is so poor at left back and ended up stuck there. That been said he wasn’t our worst player against Blackburn and put in two good crosses yet some people single him out

Last edited:

I agree he’s not an issue and 9/10 times plays his heart out. But it seems we have about 9 first teamers who are the least of our worries.

I'd say we have about 3 players who genuinely are the least of our worries

Another 3 or so who are good enough but inconsistent

Another 3 or so who are just about good enough but only barely, or cant stay fit or don't seem to have a position.

Leaving a few positions where we're just abject.

It's almost as if a decent head coach and director of football could make a decent side out of us

Just read the OP and first few comments not the whole thread, ffs man Hume is quality, still got a bit to learn though. I despair of this place sometimes, just shows a lack of knowledge and those gobshiteing probably never played the game to a decent standard to understand. Agree on Patterson though, he's overrated, good shot stopper, but too poor with his feet to be a top keeper.

Class again today.
Aye good game. Didn't wander off.
Just read the OP and first few comments not the whole thread, ffs man Hume is quality, still got a bit to learn though. I despair of this place sometimes, just shows a lack of knowledge and those gobshiteing probably never played the game to a decent standard to understand. Agree on Patterson though, he's overrated, good shot stopper, but too poor with his feet to be a top keeper.
Maybe you should read a bit more of it before jumping in.

Back