What is the most dangerous sport?

BASE jumping, Boxing or UFC

If you don’t count them as sports then darts. Most are in bad health

Was thinking about MMA and I’m in two minds.

Lots of fights end up on the ground so whilst you get some horrendous looking cuts and gashes from being absolutely pounded by someone’s elbow, the actual force on the brain is probably lower than in boxing because you can’t hit someone as hard in mount or whatever as you can if you’re on your feet.

But at the same time getting knocked out by a kick or a knee is probably worse.

Was thinking about MMA and I’m in two minds.

Lots of fights end up on the ground so whilst you get some horrendous looking cuts and gashes from being absolutely pounded by someone’s elbow, the actual force on the brain is probably lower than in boxing because you can’t hit someone as hard in mount or whatever as you can if you’re on your feet.

But at the same time getting knocked out by a kick or a knee is probably worse.
Yeah my thinking too is they train to take a kicking. I mean it’s still gonna knack but their body will react differently to say if I took that kicking

267 deaths in the Isle of Man TT races since 1907; 168 deaths in the last 50 years. I don't think any sport compares to those figures.

You could say Islamist baiting, but that's not considered a sport.
955 incidents in freediving in the years 2004-2017, with 73% fatalities - 697
That's in 14 years.
More people may freedive than take part in the isle of man TT , but I don't think they do - it's a small amount of people who freedive.

This is typical of a freediver passing out

Last edited:
955 incidents in freediving in the years 2004-2017, with 73% fatalities - 697
That's in 14 years.
More people may freedive than take part in the isle of man TT , but I don't think they do - it's a small amount of people who freedive.

This is typical of a freediver passing out
That's not sport it's sadism.

I was sure more people are killed fishing , if it's a sport? Not sure you call something I am good at whilst pissed a sport kind.

I’d say motorcycle racing as the likelihood of death is very high at those speeds if you were to crash.

Non-motor powered sport, this takes some beating.

UK rider down.

Back